Scrambled Egg Risotto for Brunch or Dinner
This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy March, Friends! Spring is in the air, the perfect time to host a brunch party on a weekend, or a luxury breakfast – for dinner? We love breakfast for dinner, and using leftover risotto to make this Scrambled Egg Risotto recipe.
I grew up where my mom cooked plenty of scrambled eggs, French toast, hamburger gravy on toast, blueberry sour dough pancakes, and waffles for dinner. Yum! I think they were easy, stand-by meal options (that she always had ingredients for), that she could make last-minute, and still get dinner on the table by 5 pm. We always ate early. :)
When I ran across this saying a few weeks ago, it reminded me of my mom’s cooking, and it made me wonder if my kids will feel nostalgic when it comes to memories of meals and their mama’s cooking–and “home.”
There are so many breakfast recipes and combinations that go well with eggs! Today’s recipe is really yummy to use with leftover risotto (dinner party from the night before?).
Add the sausage, fresh tomatoes and rosemary, and lots of cheese. It’s really yummy!
Did you grow up with breakfast for dinner, and what was your favorite dish?
Scrambled Egg Risotto
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 T. cream
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 T. milk
- 3 T. grated parmesan
- 4 links organic sausage, sliced (I buy Applegate’s Organic sausage)
- Heirloom tomatoes, small, cut in half
- Fresh rosemary, few twigs, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a nonstick pan, heat the oil and fry the sweet onion. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the oil, fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then stir in the rice. Cook uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of stock, adding ½ a cup at a time, until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat, adding seasoning, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Salt and pepper.
- In a separate frying pan, cook the sausage slices for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Add in the egg mixture and cook until scrambled.
- Add the cooked risotto into the egg/sausage mixture and stir. Taste and see if you need to add more salt and pepper.
- Garnish with small pieces of heirloom tomatoes and finely chopped fresh rosemary. Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.