RE Friday Round-Up: Caprese Salad Served Many Ways

Caprese Salad is summer, to me.

Warm tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Trying to notice something new every day. The beautiful colors, shapes, the design of a tomato.

Noticing what food tastes like.

The fresh smells of the herb bed and an abundance of basil.

The sound of a gurgling bottle of balsamic, drizzled over a beautiful platter of Caprese Salad.

And then … hearing the sounds of your guests as they rave over the garden freshness.

Yes, summer is Caprese Salad.

More ways to serve Caprese Salad:

Flip Cookbook: Caprese on a Stick

Winterwheat: Italian Caprese Wrap

How Sweet it Is: Creamy Caprese Pasta

Love and Olive Oil: Heirloom Tomato Caprese Sandwiches

The Parsley Thief: Caprese Burger

Authentic Suburban Gourmet: Caprese Bites

A Cozy Kitchen: Roasted Caprese Salad

And a beautiful step-by-step guide by The Pioneer Woman: Caprese Salad

Thanks for joining my RE Friday Round-Up today!

Have a great weekend! Come back and let me know if you make Caprese Salad!? :)

What is your favorite way to serve Caprese Salad?

23 Responses to “RE Friday Round-Up: Caprese Salad Served Many Ways”

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart — July 29, 2011 @ 4:20 am

I’ve never made Caprese Salad before but I was basically drooling when I saw the Caprese Burger. YUM!!!

Darla — July 29, 2011 @ 5:12 am

Any way it is served is my favorite way, LOL! I really do like Caprese Salad and like you, it is a favorite summer dish.

Darla

Bev Weidner — July 29, 2011 @ 5:51 am

I am actually am tomorrow night! I’m hosting a dinner party (of course a post will come from it) and the appie is the mini caprese skewers.

DE-FREAKING-LISH.

Kristin — July 29, 2011 @ 6:16 am

I adore caprese salad! You’re right: summer in a bite! Our basil is just now recovering from a pretty severe cutting I did for a recipe…now for the tomatoes to hurry it up in our garden…you’ve got my mouth watering :-). Here’s my version: http://kristinsveranda.com/victuals/2011/07/29/caprese-salad-my-way/

LoveFeast Table — July 29, 2011 @ 6:27 am

I love it with roasted tomatoes, aged balsamic, fruity olive oil, cracked pepper and homemade mozzarella from our favorite Italian deli. Just may be making this this weekend.
    Have a great one!
    ~Kristin

teresa — July 29, 2011 @ 6:47 am

Now I know what to do with all my tomatoes =)
    thanks

n — July 29, 2011 @ 7:37 am

Yum!! Sandy all those look sooo delicious! I love caprese salad, it is one of my favorite dishes with basil…..

lisa — July 29, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Yummy. I love Caprese pasta salad. Happy Friday!

Barefeet In The Kitchen — July 29, 2011 @ 8:19 am

All of these look great. I just posted a Caprese combination this morning. I think the skewers might be one of our favorites now. I love the burger idea!

Upscale Downhome — July 29, 2011 @ 10:06 am

My mouth is literally watering. Caprese salad is one of my most favorite combinations of ingredients. I loved seeing all the unique twists on it!

Anna — July 29, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

There is just something so soul satisfying, about a warm, fresh from the vine tomato. Kinda like fresh baked bread and bean soup on a cold winter evening.
    Your caprese salad looks and sounds yummy.
    Now…..if I could keep my hands OFF the tomatoes long enough for more than one to ripen at a time. I’m a sucker for green fried tomatoes.

Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet } — July 29, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Thank you for the nice mention for my Caprese bites! These are always a HUGE hit at any party and folks can’t stop eating just a couple. Love your blog! Have a great weekend.

Myrna — July 29, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

variation—too different to call caprese, but delicious none the less

sliced ripe tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and balsamic (or your favorite vinegarette) topped with crumbled bleu cheese, and minced green onions

Aggie — July 29, 2011 @ 3:30 pm

Loooooooove this post!!! :)

marlis — July 29, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

My favorite plate to make for a tapas party is the caprese on a stick.. so each to eat and I bet you don’t just eat one! Thanks for sharing the other ideas.. Guess what’s on my menu tomorrow?
    xo marlis

Kelsey — July 30, 2011 @ 7:50 am

I just had caldera last night…absolutely one of the yunmiest things. My standard way is everything chopped into little pieces and thrown together (with chery tomatoes) but that sandwich looks amazing.

• Kelsey replied: — July 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 am

Whoops – caprese not caldera. Dang smart phone!

lisamarz — July 30, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Ever since going to Italy in the summer of 2007, I have fallen in love with Caprese Salad. I LOVE all the ways you serve it up in these suggestions!! My favorite is the one on the toothpicks. I def will have to try that one! I tend to get recipe-bound, but I am trying to grow in the area of thinking outside the box, and getting creative in my cooking. Thanks for this website.

Kirstin — July 31, 2011 @ 2:55 pm

I’ve never made or had anything caprese which is funny because I love all the ingredients.

Shahar — August 1, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

You made hungry, I’m drooling over the images :)

Jeanene — August 13, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

This is my favorite topic! Thank you so much for putting it out there, with fresh Basil and Tomato’s in season I crave this combo often. And thank you for adding my wrap to the Round up!

best seo companies — December 31, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help
    with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very
    good results. If you know of any please share.

Cheers!

1. Pingback: Grilled Caprese Sandwich with Broiled Beefsteak Herbed Tomato’s « Winterwheat