RE Friday Round-Up: Fresh Green Beans
These Fresh Green Beans are deliciously roasted and easy to serve at a dinner party. Plus enjoy a round up of other recipes by my friends!
We love green beans in our home. And I still remember the smell and freshness of them when I was little as my Mom always gave me the job of snapping off the ends. I used a little paring knife when I got older, or when I was in a hurry.
We serve beans a little different now, by leaving the stems on! My favorite way is to lightly steam them, add thinly sliced onion and fresh bacon bits, and then a little bit of pesto, salt and pepper! Then the next step is to barbecue them. Delicious!
Now it’s time to share some yummy recipes from my friends in blog-land, and many I’ve met in real life. I love real life because you really get to know the person behind the blog. :)
Gourmande in the Kitchen: String Bean and Pea Pasta with Spinach Pesto
With Style and Grace: Green Beans and Pickled Shallots
Kalyn’s Kitchen: Spicy Roasted Green Beans and Shrimp
Recipe Girl: Pickled Green Beans
Two Peas and Their Pod: Green Beans, Lemon and Feta Cheese
Dana Treat: Green Bean Salad with Mustard Seeds and Tarragon
Aggie’s Kitchen: Three-Bean and Vidalia Onion Salad
Sunset Magazine: Summertime Recipes for Green Beans
And my favorite … because we love grilling our green beans, too.
Michael Ruhlman: Grilled Green Beans
What’s your favorite way to serve or cook fresh green beans?
Fresh Green Beans
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 prepared pesto
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 32 oz. Fresh French green beans
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Bacon Bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the pesto, saute the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, shallots, bacon bits (optional), and mix together.
- Spread the green bean mixture on an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!