RE Friday Round-Up: You’ve Got to Love S’mores

Thanks for joining me today for my Round-Up on S’mores. It’s just the time of year for pulling out the ingredients for these delicious summer treats.

And then all you need is a fire, the roasting sticks, and the people.

The people.

The people are really what make S’mores tasty, in my opinion. It’s fun to hear the “oohs” and “ahhhs” and “mm-m-ms” that come when eating these glorious little treats!

Today I’m sharing some of my friend’s creative inventions with S’mores, so sit back and enjoy!

White Chocolate S’mores Gooey Cake Bars: Picky Palate

Smashing S’mores: How Sweet It Is

S’mores Mousse Tart: Food + Words

S’more Cupcakes: Brown Eyed Baker

No Bake S’mores Pie: Cheeky Kitchen

S’mores Cookies: The Girl Who Ate Everything

S’mores Brownies: Recipe Girl

S’mores Bread Pudding: Mission: Food

And I’ll end with this amazing treat from my friend, Amanda, from Kevin and Amanda. S’mores Ice Cream.

Oh, boy!

Happy Friday, Friends!

What’s your favorite way of eating S’mores?

21 Responses to “RE Friday Round-Up: You’ve Got to Love S’mores”

Cindy — August 5, 2011 @ 3:33 am

Oh gee thanks… there goes my diet! They all look so good. The more ooey gooey, the better for me!!

Lynn from For Love or Funny — August 5, 2011 @ 4:05 am

WOW! I had no idea that smores could be updated so wonderfully!

Tracie B — August 5, 2011 @ 4:49 am

That’s a “sweet” post Sandy. Haha. I think my Hubby and kids would go for any of the above, but I’ve got my eye on the ice cream. Thanks for the links!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart — August 5, 2011 @ 5:18 am

Wow! I’ve died and gone to Smore’s Heaven. LOL!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — August 5, 2011 @ 5:29 am

All of these look great. Perfect for a summer weekend

Bev Weidner — August 5, 2011 @ 6:43 am

MAMA. My favorite way of eating s’mores is with my mouth. and FAST.

*licking screen*

Lori @ RecipeGirl — August 5, 2011 @ 7:20 am

Love it- great round up, my friend! Delicious! Thx for including my brownies!

Kristin — August 5, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Oh my goodness! I’ve just gained 10 pounds LOOKING at this post! I adore anything s’more…thanks for the round up!

Sallie @ Texas Cottage — August 5, 2011 @ 10:13 am

Delicious! My Tuesday post was S’more Cups. Check it out.

Becky K. — August 5, 2011 @ 11:24 am

Oh, those all look amazing. I can’t wait until September when we head for the mountains!
    S’mores here we come!!

Carmie of the Single Nester — August 5, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

I haven’t had a S’mores in years. Now, my mouth is watering.

Brooke — August 5, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

Why do I love you? Oh yeah, because you rock. Thanks for the link love! XO!

Ellen Moore — August 6, 2011 @ 3:57 am

The best recipe for s’mores is real easy. Use Saltine crackers instead of grahams. Salt and sweet are delish, they are crisp, and the ratio of good stuff to cracker is much better, as Saltines are smaller than grahams. When I was a kid that is how we made s’mores!

Judy — August 6, 2011 @ 7:29 am

These all look terrific. Here’s another one I found a couple weeks ago and featured on Savoring Today: http://someoneleftthecakeoutintherain.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/grown-up-smores/ Definitely grown-up smores. Haven’t tried them yet…haven’t been ready for the sugar rush ;)

Elane — August 6, 2011 @ 8:45 am

I so agree, Sandy. It’s the people that make the s’mores taste so wonderful. And the campfire, and the smoke. :) This is a great round-up of recipes! My sister-in-law brought over a bag of the largest marshmallows I have ever seen. Just perfect for roasting on a stick, but I might have to try a few of these recipes with them.

Kirstin — August 6, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

Oh Gosh! Those all look amazing!!!! I just saw another recipe somewhere that made them in mini muffin pan…WOW!! I just like the usual way..sometimes I like them with a recesses peanut butter cup instead of chocolate!

Kirstin — August 6, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

Here’s the link for the ones I found: http://texascottage.blogspot.com/2011/08/smore-cups.html

Melissa D — August 7, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

This entry has me speechless. I LOVE S’mores!!!

I make them under my broiler. Turn the broiler on, get out a cookie sheet, and put your marshmallows on your graham squares, put chocolate pieces on squares on the opposite side. (I put all the mallow-grahams on the back row, then a row of choc-grahams in front, where it’s a bit cooler. Slide the sheet into the oven and broil for about 15-20 secs — the chocolate will melt pretty quickly, so if you want truly toasted marshmallows, use mitts to tilt the mallow back row up toward your heating element. (Yes, I DO squat in front of my oven doing this. Why do you ask?) Point being, do NOT go tidy up your kitch — you need to be there watching the pan.

Remove, plate, and smash halves together. Perfect guilty snack for when the kids have finally gone to bed and you need that little somethin-somethin to make you feel human again!

Sara — August 7, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

We like traditional s’mores with peanut butter added to them. Yummy!

Catherine @ Make Myself at Home — August 8, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

We’re not lucky enough to have a grill or firepit, so we nuke them in the microwave! With Nutella! http://makemyselfathome.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/indoor-smores/
    You can also put them under the broiler for the toasted feel.

debbieida — August 9, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Yumm! I’ll eat S’mores each and every way they are prepared…I’m definitely going to try the smashing s’mores method!