Mixing up Love and Smoked Turkey Mango Chili

When I’m short of time, and friends are coming for a casual dinner, this time of year screams CHILI. Wouldn’t you agree?

I experimented with several recipes this fall, but I must say, simple is best for me. If I have more time to plan out a dinner party, I’ll look at making more involved recipes. But if I’m planning a casual last-minute get-together and making chili, I don’t want to have to roast the peppers, be chopping for hours, cooking beans the night before, etc. I want something flavorful NOW.

That’s why I appreciate being able to open a quick and easy can of beans.

Making chili should not be a daunting task. I played around with the recipe in my book, this time adding ground turkey and smoked cumin.

Oh, boy!

Mix up a little love and chili, and you’ll have happy guests!

Oh, and throw a bag of chips on the counter and by adding a handful of crunched chips on top, it’s even tastier. Serve with cilantro, extra cheese, sour cream, and chips and you’re good to go!

What’s your favorite go-to chili recipe?

16 Responses to “Mixing up Love and Smoked Turkey Mango Chili”

Sheila @Eat2gather — November 3, 2011 @ 5:05 am

Yum this sounds delicious and so easy! I like easy.

Heather — November 3, 2011 @ 5:43 am

Love the addition of the mango salsa – I bet it adds another layer of flavour with the sweetness of the fruit. I use ground turkey all the time in my chili as an alternative to beef – it makes for a lighter, more subtle flavour combination I think.

Mary — November 3, 2011 @ 8:26 am

Oh Sandy! This looks delicious. I love the idea of using mango salsa. We use that in our fish tacos but I never thought of adding it to chilli. Yum!!!

When I make Chilli, I like to use ground turkey too – along with black beans and/or ranch beans. I addition to the cumin, I also like to add coriander. I just love coriander! It has such a light – almost lemony flavor to it. Sometimes – if I don’t have any ground turkey I”ll make chilli with chunks of leftover chicken. That’s delicious too and it adds a lot of texture to the dish.

It’s finally cold here in central Texas – and your recipe arrived just in time! (Now we just need rain and we’ll be all set!)

Love,

Mary

lisa — November 3, 2011 @ 8:29 am

What a great addition using mango! My go to is cans of beans, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, corn, dry ranch and taco seasoning in the crockpot! Easy and a crowd pleaser. Happy November, Sandy!

Bev Weidner — November 3, 2011 @ 8:42 am

I would not be ashamed to slam my face right into that bowl.

asuburbankitchen — November 3, 2011 @ 10:55 am

Sandy the chili sounds great. I love the sweet/spice combination. Will have to try. I also make my chili vegetarian sometimes using soy crumbles. This recipe would work great with that too.
    Thanks.

Lauren@SimplyLKJ — November 3, 2011 @ 1:59 pm

This sounds delicious! I love chili this time of year, and it is the easiest dish to prepare for a crowd as well. We cook ours in a crockpot…less mess, even better!

• Kendra replied: — February 16th, 2013 @ 10:02 am

Hi Lauren,

I’m making this today in the crock pot – but am not sure what’s the best way. Do you throw everything in raw, or do you cook the turkey before hand?

Kendra

Cindy Maughan — November 4, 2011 @ 12:20 am

Love the idea of Mango in the chilli I can’t wait to try this recipe! YUMMY!!!

Wendy — November 7, 2011 @ 9:15 am

My GOODNESS, that looks good!!! Will most definitely have to try it. Yum!
    I love the chili that Wendy’s serves so I found a copycat recipe online and am going to try it this week. Gotta live chili!

Wendy — November 7, 2011 @ 9:16 am

Sorry, typed my link incorrectly up there…!

Aggie — November 8, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Next time I go to Costco I’m picking up that salsa, I know exactly which one! I love that stuff. I’m with you, chili is great for entertaining, and simple is good!!

1. Pingback: Stuffed Endive with Walnuts and Honey Recipe | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

2. Pingback: 35 Chili Recipes For Fall | Aggie's Kitchen