Mixing up Love and Smoked Turkey Mango Chili Recipe
When I’m short of time, and friends are coming for a casual dinner, this time is perfect to serve Smoked Turkey Mango Chili Recipe!
I experimented with several recipes this fall, but I must say, simple is best for me. If I have more time to plan out a dinner party, I’ll look at making more involved recipes. But if I’m planning a casual last-minute get-together and making chili, I don’t want to have to roast the peppers, be chopping for hours, cooking beans the night before, etc. I want something flavorful NOW.
That’s why I appreciate being able to open a quick and easy can of beans.
Making chili should not be a daunting task. I played around with the recipe in my book, this time adding ground turkey and smoked cumin.
Mix up a little love and chili, and you’ll have happy guests!
Oh, and throw a bag of chips on the counter and by adding a handful of crunched chips on top, it’s even tastier. Serve with cilantro, extra cheese, sour cream, and chips and you’re good to go!
What’s your favorite go-to chili recipe?
Smoked Turkey Mango Chili Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Quick and easy--ready for company--recipe!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Mexican-stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Bush's black beans, drained
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Bush's kidney beans, drained
- 4 cups peach mango salsa (I use Costco's brand)
- 3 tsp. smoked ground cumin
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook ground turkey; strain. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add to a large pot; add in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and spices.
- Heat on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and season to taste.