The Most Wonderful Gift Ever Given to Man

He came, not as a flash of light or as an unapproachable conqueror, but as one whose first cries were heard by a peasant girl and a sleepy carpenter. The hands that first held him were un-manicured, calloused, and dirty.

No silk. No ivory. No hype. No party.

Were it not for the shepherds, there would have been no reception. And were it not for a group of stargazers, there would have been no gifts.

– Max Lucado

I am humbled by the simplicity of how He came.

I am thankful to celebrate who He was, and is today.

And am honored to reflect and rejoice in why He came.

May Christmas be close to your hearts as we celebrate the most wonderful gift ever given to man.

Merry Christmas to my family and friends.

(In celebration, enjoy my daughter playing, “Mary Did You Know,” which is one of my favorite Christmas songs.)

13 Responses to “The Most Wonderful Gift Ever Given to Man”

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart — December 24, 2011 @ 5:00 am

Sandy THAT was incredible. So beautiful. Who was playing the piano? Was that you? I couldn’t tell. They did a fabulous job as well. This is one of our favorite songs too and I love it when Mark Lowry sings it. He wrote it and I don’t think anyone sings it better!
    Have a VERY Merry Christmas my friend.
    God Bless!

Kim ~ Recipes To Run On — December 24, 2011 @ 5:30 am

Merry Christmas Sandy! That video is beautiful!!!! Oh how I wish my family had musical talent. :-) I’m thinking that was you on the piano. SO beautiful. And one of my family’s FAVORITE songs. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas!!!

Heather @ new house, new home, new life — December 24, 2011 @ 6:58 am

That’s a beautiful way to start my Christmas Eve morning – thank you. And thank you for the reminder as to why we are all celebrating today.

God bless you and your family.
    Merry Christmas

Lauren@SimplyLKJ — December 24, 2011 @ 7:45 am

Just beautiful Sandy! You are all a talented bunch. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!

Judy@Savoring Today — December 24, 2011 @ 9:22 am

Merry Christmas! May the peace of God reign in your hearts today and throughout the New Year.

Kathy — December 24, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Merry Christmas….I love that song! Thanks for sharing it today.

melissa @ the inspired room — December 24, 2011 @ 10:19 am

Merry Christmas Sandy!! Many blessings to you and your family! What a beautiful video!! I love that song.

Lori A. Webster — December 24, 2011 @ 10:21 am

Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Carrie — December 24, 2011 @ 11:24 am

Oh my gosh, Sandy, I am teared up. Absolutely beautiful, my friend! Thank you for that gift. I so hope our paths cross more often in the New Year. Merry Christmas to you and your family! xoxo

Tamrah T — December 24, 2011 @ 11:44 am

What a blessing to my day! Yes I too, am teary eyed…just amazing.

Patti Smith — December 24, 2011 @ 11:55 am

Amen, Sandy…I love it when Christmas falls on Sundays too :) Merry Christmas to you!

Sarah Joy — December 26, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Sandy, that brought me to tears… incredibly beautiful and moving. I never get tired of hearing the song Mary Did You Know! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us this Christmas.

LisaAR — December 30, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

So beautiful…thanks for sharing–and lovely piano playing on your part! I can’t imagine what it must have been like for that young woman to hold that baby…how she “treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” Amazing and overwhelming.