Killer Cranberry Sauce Served on Hot Brie Cheese
This sweet, tart, gingery-orange Killer Cranberry Sauce is perfect for the holidays – best served on brie.
We love cranberry sauce during the holidays, and our favorite use is to spread the tart, sweet flavors of cranberries, fresh ginger and orange on top of hot brie and then serve with nuts and crackers.
Oh, boy. Can you say killer appetizer?
My daughter and I were recently honored to help serve and help at a dinner party and we were asked to bring the appetizer. We whipped up a batch of cranberry sauce and brought our favorite, Killer Cranberry Sauce served HOT on brie cheese. (RE TIP: Freeze fresh ginger in a Ziploc bag!)
It’s yummy year-round, but it’s really festive and a crowd-pleaser during the holidays.
What’s your favorite way to serve brie?
Killer Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 navel orange
- 1/2 t grated ginger I used 2 T. crystalized ginger
- 4 c. cranberries
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans optional
- Grate the orange zest and add to a pot with the sugar and ginger.
- Add the juice from the orange into the pot and simmer over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add cranberries and cook until they pop – about 5 minutes.
- Add pecans and cool the sauce. (Optional: Serve the pecans on top.)