4 Ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast
Looking for a delicious chuck roast recipe? Add these 4 ingredients to marinate, and cook 4-ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast for a rich, flavorful dinner.
Tender & full of flavor, 4-ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast recipe is a comfort dish at its finest.
Instant Pot Chuck Roast
If you’re looking for how to bake perfect sweet potatoes, these pair well with this insant pot chuck roast! And for a yummy menu? This Instant Pot Chuck Roast, sweet potatoes, and this Butter Leaf Lettuce Summer Salad!
4-ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast
Friends, are you loving your Instant Pot? We’ve been cooking more recipes in it lately, and I love how quick and convenient it is. You only need 4 ingredients for the best pot roast ever!
The secret to the amazing flavor, besides simple ingredients? Marinate it overnight.
How to marinate chuck roast
- Rinse and pat dry roast.
- Sprinkle the entire outside with kosher salt and place in a large bag (Ziploc or roasting bag), then place in a bowl with the top open.
- Combine the salsa and barbecue sauce and pour into the bag with the roast.
- Gently massage to cover the meat in the sauce—marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, preferably 1-2 days in advance.
Simple ingredients for beef chuck roast
- Beef chuck roast
- Red salsa
- Honey barbecue sauce
- Beef or veggie stock
- Kosher salt
Is Instant Pot the same as a pressure cooker?
An Instant Pot is a simple, programmable, multi-purpose pressure cooker, which can perform the tasks of seven different gadgets. If you don’t own one, get one! We use this Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer that holds 6 quarts of food [affliliate link].
How much water do you put in Instant Pot for roast?
You need to add at least one cup of liquid to your Instant Pot for it to function properly. (It’s a pressure cooker, so you need liquid to make steam, which makes pressure.) If you want to keep the food dry, you need to use the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot.
Does meat get more tender the longer you pressure cook it?
The pressure will in fact make your meat super-tender, but every piece of meat and recipe is different. So make sure and follow the recipe!
How to serve Instant Pot Chuck Roast
We love to serve this meat on tacos, on baked sweet potatoes, or on a bun with cheese and herbs!
We also love this Avocado Pine Nut Salad!
What kind of person do you want to be?
From the moment we wake up in the morning, we get to choose what kind of person we want to be. What will or perspective be on the day, our lives, our world?
These last couple of months, I definitely feel the humdrum of daily repetition. Do you, too? But I don’t want to slip into auto-pilot.
My goal in life is to be refreshing, a breath of fresh air, a light to those around me. You know those people who are bright and refreshing? You sense a different kind of light inside of them, that permeates the world around them? I want to be that.
You suddenly feel warm inside, you want to hug them, they feel like your new (or old) best friend. There’s a sparkle in their eyes – you just love them. Not in a romantic way, but in a true, heartfelt, longing to be close way, hoping that their warmth and love rubs off on you!
If we’re willing to give ourselves a little shake, to become aware of the day’s possibilities around us, it truly brings a new meaning!
One possibility I’ve taken advantage of sheltering at home has been reconnecting with childhood friends. The ones that bring the fondest memories, that no one can share with you now, or take away from you. These are the people who know you the best, and they love you anyway.
It’s been fun keeping in touch with many friends during our sheltering at home. I’ve talked to a lot of friends who’ve done the same.
Have you, too?
Enjoy this amazing dinner this week, Friends!
Get the Recipe:
4 Ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- 1 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 c red salsa
- 1 c honey barbecue sauce
- 1 c beef or veggie stock
- Kosher salt
- Rinse and pat dry chuck roast. Sprinkle the entire outside with kosher salt and place in a large bag (Ziploc or roasting bag), then place in a bowl with the top open. Combine the salsa and barbecue sauce and pour into the bag with the roast. Gently massage to cover the meat in the sauce—marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, preferably 1-2 days in advance.
- Preheat Instant Pot on manual, high pressure. Place the roast in, along with the marinade and 1 cup of beef or other stock. Cook on high for 60 minutes. After an hour, allow for a 20 minute natural release, then remove the lid and set Instant Pot to simmer. Simmer the beef and liquid for 20 minutes or so, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the beef is tender.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set into a bowl or large plate. Use two forks to shred the beef, then return it back to the thickened sauce. Serve on buns, or on a sweet potato with cheese and herbs.