Chuck Roast in Instant Pot
Here’s a delicious chuck roast recipe in the instant pot! Add 4 ingredients to marinate, cook, and serve this Instant Pot Chuck Roast recipe.
Tender & full of flavor, this instant pot roast beef recipe is a comfort dish at its finest. If you’re looking for how to bake perfect sweet potatoes, these pair well with this insant pot chuck roast! And for a yummy menu? This Chuck Roast in Instant Pot, sweet potatoes, with a Butter Leaf Lettuce Summer Salad!
Why we love this recipe
- It’s the perfect Sunday supper!
- Easy to make – and the flavor is out of this world.
- We love the leftovers in tacos, wraps, sandwiches, and soup!
Chuck Roast in Instant Pot
Are you loving your Instant Pot? And looking for a simple 4-ingredient meal to make for dinner tonight? We’ve been cooking more recipes in it lately, and I love how quick and convenient it is.
The secret to the amazing flavor, besides simple ingredients? Marinate it overnight.
Ingredients for Chuck Roast in Instant Pot
- Beef chuck roast
- Red salsa
- Honey barbecue sauce
- Beef or veggie stock
- Kosher salt
How to marinate chuck roast
- Rinse and pat dry roast.
- Sprinkle the entire outside with kosher salt and place in a large bag (Ziploc or roasting bag), then place in a bowl with the top open.
- Combine the salsa and barbecue sauce and pour into the bag with the roast.
- Gently massage to cover the meat in the sauce—marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, preferably 1-2 days in advance.
Is Instant Pot the same as a pressure cooker?
An Instant Pot is a simple, programmable, multi-purpose pressure cooker, which can perform the tasks of seven different gadgets. If you don’t own one, get one! We use this Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer that holds 6 quarts of food [affliliate link].
How much water do you put in Instant Pot for roast?
You need to add at least one cup of liquid to your Instant Pot for it to function properly. (It’s a pressure cooker, so you need liquid to make steam, which makes pressure.) If you want to keep the food dry, you need to use the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot.
Does meat get more tender the longer you pressure cook it?
The pressure will in fact make your meat super-tender, but every piece of meat and recipe is different. So make sure and follow the recipe!
How to serve Instant Pot Chuck Roast
We love to serve this meat on tacos, on baked sweet potatoes, or on a bun with cheese and herbs!
More instant pot recipes to try:
Get the Recipe:
4 Ingredient Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- 1 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 c red salsa
- 1 c honey barbecue sauce
- 1 c beef or veggie stock
- Kosher salt
- Rinse and pat dry chuck roast. Sprinkle the entire outside with kosher salt and place in a large bag (Ziploc or roasting bag), then place in a bowl with the top open. Combine the salsa and barbecue sauce and pour into the bag with the roast. Gently massage to cover the meat in the sauce—marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, preferably 1-2 days in advance.
- Preheat Instant Pot on manual, high pressure. Place the roast in, along with the marinade and 1 cup of beef or other stock. Cook on high for 60 minutes. After an hour, allow for a 20 minute natural release, then remove the lid and set Instant Pot to simmer. Simmer the beef and liquid for 20 minutes or so, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the beef is tender.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set into a bowl or large plate. Use two forks to shred the beef, then return it back to the thickened sauce. Serve on buns, or on a sweet potato with cheese and herbs.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...