Apple Wedge Salad Board Recipe
Apple Wedge Salad Board Recipe, all the fresh, delicious ingredients to make a wedge salad with slices of apple! Serve on a board with toppings and your favorite dressing!
Happy Monday! Here’s a fun hosting idea for a luncheon! This salad was served on a 24-inch board (out of stock now), but don’t worry, you can order The Big Board (link below)!
If you’re like us, you might have the winter blues, so maybe asking a few friends over for lunch and serving this Apple Wedge Salad Board Recipe might perk you up a bit :)
Last weekend I went home to Medford, and enjoyed a fun birthday celebration with my dad and family!
We cooked together our family Fleischkuekle recipe!
So good to be together for family celebrations, especially when your dad turns 83! I’m grateful for the cozy time together!
Apple Wedge Salad Board
This Apple Wedge Salad Board, we served this a couple of months ago (at our old house), and it was a PARTY HIT.
As I always say, boards are a great idea for bringing people together. They are a casual way to serve food, and also, I might say, a very pretty way.
Food is art, right?
It not only tastes good, but it’s beautiful, and it’s even better when we share it with others.
As I always say here on RE, soul food is the best.
For now, HAPPY MONDAY!
This Apple Wedge Salad Board we served a month ago when we were living in our old house. It’s a great idea for a luncheon, or even a potluck salad dish.
Apple Wedge Board Ingredients
- Iceberg lettuce
- Apple slices
- Bacon, blue cheese, walnuts, and feta cheese
- Chopped bacon
- Mandarin oranges (canned), fresh blueberries, and tomatoes
- Favorite dressings, like Thousand Island or Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Red grapes
- Parsley and lemon slices for garnish
More lunch ideas:
3 fun lunch box ideas with cheese
Shrimp Wedge Salad Charcuterie
Grilled Cheese Tomato Soup Board
The Big Board®
Friends, The Big Board® is here! Yes, I’ve partnered with JK Adams, the premier woodmaking company in Vermont, with my own line of RE boards!
- 20-inch round, maple
- 26-inch round, maple
- 12 x 36-inch maple
- NEW 12 x 24-inch maple
- 23-inch Lazy Susan
- 26-inch ebonized BLACK, cherry
- 12 x 36-inch ebonized BLACK, cherry
- A board with a lip (or raised edged) so the food doesn’t fall off
- FOOD SAFE
- Made in the USA
- Undercut handles (a unique design)
Thank you for your support, as we’ve sold out so many times already!
Order The Big Board® today!
Get the Recipe:
Apple Wedge Salad Board Recipe
- 3 heads iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
- 1 c cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 Honey Crisp or Pink Lady apple, sliced
- 1/2 c blue cheese, crumbles
- 1/2 c candied walnuts
- 1 c canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 c feta, crumbled
- 1 c fresh blueberries
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 1 c sliced red grapes
- 1 c Thousand Island dressing
- 1 c Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon to garnish
- parsley to garnish
- On a prepared board, arrange the 2 salad dressings in small bowls.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedges (either 4 or 6 per head of lettuce, depending on the size). Arrange around the outside of the board.
- Fill in the open areas with the remaining ingredients and serve!
That particular board is impossible to find. I’ve been trying since before Christmas BUT a few days ago I checked again and saw they now have a gray toned one available online so I ordered it! I can’t wait to get it!!
Yum. I love wedge salad, but refuse to buy it at the restaurants because they charge an outrageous price for a hunk of iceberg lettuce. I have made it at home before. YUM