Party Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re gearing up for a party, here’s a little inspiration with a Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Recipe! A big party hit for either an appetizer or a dessert!
Hosting NYE or any party this year? You’ll love this elegant Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Recipe!
Chocolate and bacon
It’s about how to invite and delegate, create and borrow, be organized and think ahead, which makes a party successful.
It includes easy flow and name tags, conversation and music ideas, and … tah-dah … what to wear!
You can read all about it, here.
Where Women Cook: Celebrate
Also, one year ago, I knew that my NYE dinner party would be a part of this beautiful new book, Where Women Cook: Celebrate! It was a blast to put it all together (in the month of October). And I’m grateful for my friends who participated.
My hope and dream was that by sharing my annual dinner party, others would be inspired as well.
Laughter, sharing stories, acceptance, and the connection to existing and new friendships form the basis of hospitality. Feelings of inadequacy, unrealistic expectations, fear of failure, and the lack of time all conspire to steal the joy that comes from opening one’s home to others.
“Fear is often a jail cell locking us in so that we don’t form friendships.” Friends bring zest to life. Without friendships, we become lonely, isolated, and smaller than we want and need to be.” – Where Women Cook: Celebrate!
Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Recipe
One of the recipes I shared for dessert at this dinner party was Chocolate-dipped Bacon.
Yes. Chocolate. Dipped. Bacon.
If you’re having a party this year, try this on your guests. They will love you.
Ending the year of 2011, and looking back on many hospitable moments with great friends, brings beautiful feelings of joy and nostalgia.
As I’ve said throughout the year, entertaining is all about the people.
Will you be hosting a NYE party this year or participating in one?
Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Recipe
- 6-8 slices thick-cut, best-quality bacon
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven to desired doneness; bacon should not be too soft nor so crisp that it breaks easily, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on the parchment paper for 5 minutes and then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler or on low in the microwave.
- Using tongs, carefully dip a bacon strip halfway into the melted chocolate, turning to coat all sides, and set on parchment.
- Repeat with each remaining slice of bacon.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is hard.
- Arrange on a tiered serving dish. Serve the same day as a savory and sweet appetizer, before dessert or as a mini dessert.
More bacon desserts here: Chocolatey Bacon Cake [Noble Pig], Peanut Butter and Bacon Bars (Low Carb and Gluten Free) [All Day I Dream About Food], Maple Bacon Blondies [Wine & Glue], and Abby’s 16th birthday Buttermilk Cake with Maple Bacon Glaze [RE].
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.