Creamsicle Drink with Solo Summer Slippers Contest
This post may contain affiliate links.
The livin’ is easy in the summertime, if you like to stay home. One way to enjoy the outdoors is to host a casual party in your backyard, and use Solo cups (sponseror of this post today), and then to whip up a Creamsicle drink for your guests!
I grew up with a Creamsicle being my all-time favorite popsicle. I was disappointed when I had to choose a fudgesicle or a regular popsicle, but I was happy girl when I reached into the cooler, at the local corner market, and saw the bright orange package!
The flavor of a Creamsicle drink?
I recently made this combination over at the coast on vacation.
Perfect summer drink!
How do you make a Creamsicle drink?
My version is easy, peasy for a Creamsicle Sipper in a Solo cup:
1. Set up a drink station in your backyard using Red Solo cups.
2. Make sure you have a bucket of ice on hand, filling your glass 1/2 way with ice.
3. Fill the glass with either 1/2 cup of sparkling water, tonic water, or 7-Up for the base.
4. If you want to make the drink alcoholic, add 3 T. of your favorite gin.
4. Cut orange slices easy to squeeze for fresh orange juice.
5. Set out vanilla extract with a small teaspoon, using 1/2 teaspoon per drink.
6. Optional to fill the glass to the brim with 1/2 and 1/2 or milk.
Then do what I do. Sit back, shut your eyes, and take your first sip.
Then what comes next is what every person should do: Pretend you are a kid again.
Most of us have great memories as a kid, and Solo cups and tasty drinks resonate for most of us as happy memories!
What’s your spin on a Creamsicle drink?
YOU CAN ENTER the Solo Cup contest, here:
-They are giving Solo fans the opportunity to win prizes for sharing their favorite drink recipes this summer. They want to know what will be in your cup this summer!
-They will be selecting four weekly winners to receive $50 AMEX gift cards and Solo gift packs.
-One grand prize winner will receive a Solo gift pack, a cocktail gift pack and a $150 AMEX gift card for a total value of over $300.
Here’s how it works, over at their Facebook page, one grand prize winner will be selected on or around August 12, 2013 . Their promotion will run from 10:00:00 am ET on July 16, 2013 until 12:00 pm ET on August 12, 2013.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.