Creamsicle Drink with Solo Summer Slippers Contest
The livin’ is easy in the summertime, if you like to stay home. One way to enjoy the outdoors is to host a casual party in your backyard, and use Solo cups (sponseror of this post today), and then to whip up a Creamsicle drink for your guests!
I grew up with a Creamsicle being my all-time favorite popsicle. I was disappointed when I had to choose a fudgesicle or a regular popsicle, but I was happy girl when I reached into the cooler, at the local corner market, and saw the bright orange package!
The flavor of a Creamsicle drink?
I recently made this combination over at the coast on vacation.
Perfect summer drink!
How do you make a Creamsicle drink?
My version is easy, peasy for a Creamsicle Sipper in a Solo cup:
1. Set up a drink station in your backyard using Red Solo cups.
2. Make sure you have a bucket of ice on hand, filling your glass 1/2 way with ice.
3. Fill the glass with either 1/2 cup of sparkling water, tonic water, or 7-Up for the base.
4. If you want to make the drink alcoholic, add 3 T. of your favorite gin.
4. Cut orange slices easy to squeeze for fresh orange juice.
5. Set out vanilla extract with a small teaspoon, using 1/2 teaspoon per drink.
6. Optional to fill the glass to the brim with 1/2 and 1/2 or milk.
Then do what I do. Sit back, shut your eyes, and take your first sip.
Then what comes next is what every person should do: Pretend you are a kid again.
Most of us have great memories as a kid, and Solo cups and tasty drinks resonate for most of us as happy memories!
What’s your spin on a Creamsicle drink?
YOU CAN ENTER the Solo Cup contest, here:
-They are giving Solo fans the opportunity to win prizes for sharing their favorite drink recipes this summer. They want to know what will be in your cup this summer!
-They will be selecting four weekly winners to receive $50 AMEX gift cards and Solo gift packs.
-One grand prize winner will receive a Solo gift pack, a cocktail gift pack and a $150 AMEX gift card for a total value of over $300.
Here’s how it works, over at their Facebook page, one grand prize winner will be selected on or around August 12, 2013 . Their promotion will run from 10:00:00 am ET on July 16, 2013 until 12:00 pm ET on August 12, 2013.