Spicy Easy Pad Thai Salad
Enjoy this delicious, spicy Easy Pad Thai Salad for a summer night’s meal, made with fresh ingredients and rotisserie chicken.
We’ve been celebrating our son’s college graduation, packing, having dinners with friends—lots going on during the month of May, as we prepare to move. One dish I like to make ahead and bring to a party is my spicy Easy Pad Thai Salad!
I shared with you recently about downsizing the family home. My friend Jenny has been a lifesaver in helping me day after day with the packing and organizing.
Since we already had our giant yard sale, now every time we work together, we start a Good Will tub. (No more yard sales!), and fill it up as we pack.
I’m keeping up with the theme of, have I used it in the past 6 months, or does this piece tell a story? It’s really helping me to sort and let stuff go.
Bottom line? I think most of us have too much stuff. Stuff does not make us happy, but one thing I know to be true–relationships do!
Even in the midst of chaos here, we’re still sitting down together for dinners. Whether the kids are home and I’m setting the table for 5, or it’s just me and Paul, I’ve been making quick and easy recipes.
Plus, with summer here, it’s salad season!
Doing it smarter and faster, like doubling the recipe, so we get several meals instead of just one, it doesn’t have to be a lot of work.
We all have to eat, and eating at home is usually healthier!
Easy Pad Thai Salad
As I was cleaning through the pantry, I had a package of dry rice noodles, so I gathered the other ingredients to create this lovely salad for my family!
We love Easy Pad Thai Salad … whether it’s hot or served cold (the perfect summer meal).
Chicken is always the protein of choice in our family. Here are a couple of simple meals that we’ve recently enjoyed. (Chicken Curry Cashew Salad, Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Chicken Caesar Salad, oh, and if you’re in the outdoors, Camping Chicken Noodle Soup).
Refrigerate and ENJOY this week, Friends!
Easy Pad Thai Salad
- 2 pounds dry rice noodles (about 1/4″ wide)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2-3 cups rotisserie chicken, pulled and chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups daikon radish, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 16-ounce jar prepared Pad Thai sauce
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- Sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- Lime wedges
1. In a large bowl, submerge the dry rice noodles in hot tap water. Let soak for 8-10 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add the garlic to the pan, and fry until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the chopped chicken; cook for 2 minutes. Add the noodles, radish, carrots, and Napa cabbage. Stir together and fry for 1 more minute.
3. Add the sauce to the pan. Add sriracha sauce if you want more spice. Turn the heat back up to medium-high. Stir to combine. Add in the peanuts and cilantro; toss to combine. Place the salad in a large bowl and refrigerate.
5. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts (optional); refrigerate for at least 2 hours; serve with fresh lime.