Ice Cream Sundae Bar with Frozen Coconut S’mores
This post may contain affiliate links.
A perfect way to celebrate summer … host an Ice Cream Sundae Bar out by your pool and serve delicious Frozen Coconut S’mores on the side! Hello, Summer! This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
We’ve been entertaining like crazy and really enjoying our pool this year. A casual dessert party is an easy, affordable way to entertain in the summer months! A few nights ago, our friends joined us for dessert.
This time we served an Ice Cream Sundae Bar with Frozen Coconut S’mores.
Get the party started.
Create a summery space poolside. Bring a side table over to a convenient area.
If you don’t have a small tablecloth, use a blanket! :)
Prescoop the ice cream in individual servings, placing the dishes in a large bowl of ice.
Lemonade for the drinks.
Set out toppings, such as hot fudge and caramel sauce.
Pre-chop your favorite flavored almonds.
Blue Diamond Almond flavors.
Let guests build their own sundaes.
My personal favorite? Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds.
Frozen Coconut S’mores.
Serve a light dessert on the side. These Frozen Coconut S’mores are easy to make ahead of time.
Dip the marshmallow in chocolate, roll in graham cracker crumbs, then your favorite crushed almonds. Our family best-loved almond flavor is the Toasted Coconut.
Pull out of the freezer and serve frozen, or defrost for one hour before serving.
Turn on the summer “jams.”
Turn on a fun summer (jams) playlist and enjoy the warm evening with your family and friends!
We have an “entertaining upbeat” playlist for when guests arrive and mingle, a more upbeat selection of music with some variety for people to enjoy.
The most important thing is to play music that you enjoy, and you make it your own. It’s your home, backyard, group of people that you are bringing together. Make it lively and fun by the poolside, and as always, don’t sweat the small stuff. For example, put your energy into the people and having fun, and less worry about the little things (like spills on the tablecloth, getting thrown into the pool, etc:) :)
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Fun music, a little ice cream treat in the evening, with a dip in the pool, and great people.
This is what summer is all about!
How to you set the tone for summertime get-togethers?
Frozen Coconut S’mores
- 24 wooden picks
- 24 marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup crushed Blue Diamond Almonds Toasted Coconut
- wax paper
- Insert pointed end of each wooden pick into flat side of each marshmallow.
- Combine morsels and shortening in a small microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at high for 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip marshmallows into melted chocolate, coating sides and bottoms completely. Quickly dip bottom of each marshmallow into cracker crumbs; roll sides in chopped nuts.
- Place coated marshmallows on wax paper lined jelly roll pan; freeze 20 minutes. Drizzle with any remaining chocolate, if desired. Freeze until ready to serve. Store in freezer in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 1 week. (*Do not forget to cover. You do not want them to get freezer burned.)
- Pull out 1 hour before serving and let sit on counter. Drizzle with chocolate (optional). Serve!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, but as always, all opinions are my own!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.