Easy Grilled Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Grilled Spaghetti Squash–tender, sweet, and a great pasta replacement–delicious served with Parmesan cheese, your favorite tomatoes, and fresh herbs! WATCH THE VIDEO!
Happy Friday, Friends. There’s a chill in the air and a beautiful breeze as I’m writing this today. When the cooler weather hits, I just get … giddy!
You just can’t describe it any better than this …
How to make spaghetti squash
I love this time of year, harvested squash, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage. Farmer’s Market garden treats are brimming in the baskets right now, and one of our standard squashes to enjoy is Grilled Spaghetti Squash.
Back in June we video’d 8 recipes in one day in my kitchen.
We had a fantastic film crew, and of course I had lots of help from my daughter and one of my best friends who lives in my little community.
How to prepare spaghetti squash
I call this recipe today my 1, 2, 3 recipe … because it’s so easy.
1. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
2. Season and place on the grill and cook until tender.
3. Use a fork to cut the spaghetti squash flesh into strings, then scoop out with a spoon.
Grilled Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is a very versatile yellow winter squash, which we love to replace pasta or rice with, when we’re trying to eat lower carbs.
When I think of food, I like to think about the origin of where I learned to cook with a certain ingredient, such as spaghetti squash. I mean, I don’t remember eating this kind of squash as a kid … do you?
Tools needed to make spaghetti squash
- Cutting knife
How to make Grilled Spaghetti Squash
Heat the grill to medium-high; prepare the squash. Time the squash to be done cooking at the time of the other dishes you will be serving.
Spray or drizzle olive oil on the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with seasoning. Place on the grill cut side down for about 25-30 minutes; test with a fork to see that it is soft and ready for fleshing. (We do not flip it over.)
Season with salt and pepper and more seasonings, if desired. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese.
Optional to add fresh or canned tomaotes (we love Tuttorosso Tomatoes), fresh herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil.
SO GOOD, after a long exhausting day! :)
Grilled Spaghetti Squash
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or favorite seasoning we love Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs we love Oregano
- Fresh or canned tomatoes we love Tuttorosso Tomatoes
- Heat the grill to medium-high. If your grill has temperature settings, set it for 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and turn both both pieces flesh side up. Spoon or scoop out the seeds.
- Spray or drizzle olive oil on the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Sprinkle with seasoning (we love salt, pepper, and paprika). Place on the grill over medium high heat cut side down. Grill for about 25-30 minutes and test with a fork that it is soft and ready for fleshing. (No need to flip over.)
- Season with more salt and pepper and more seasonings, if desired. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese, fresh or canned tomatoes, and your favorite herb!
More spaghetti squash recipes: How to Microwave Spaghetti Squash [Mama Loves Food], Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowl [Kalyn’s Kitchen], and Low Carb Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash [All Day I Dream About Food].
This post is updated from 2014.