Holiday Rum Bundt Cake Recipe (Video!)
Holiday Rum Bundt Cake Recipe is a cake with a boozy, buttery glaze; delicious and moist, the perect serving with Vanilla ice cream!
Just in time for the holidays, how about serving this delicious, amazing, Rum Cake? And friends, have you bought my new cookbook? Buy Big Boards for Families today! It’s “editor’s pick” on Amazon this month!
Holiday Rum Bundt Cake Recipe
My heart and mission for my blog is to bring people together, to encourage all of us to be inclusive of those who might otherwise be excluded.
Friends … think about who you can invite over for dinner soon? Or dessert? This HOLIDAY RUM BUNDT CAKE is a great recipe to start with. It’s easy, and everyone LOVES it.
To practice this beautiful, lost art of hospitality, we have to step outside our comfort zones.
Baking a cake is pretty easy for most people, so if you don’t want to host an entire meal, dessert is doable!
Rum Bundt Cake
My love for this Rum Bundt Cake started a few years back, when my friend Cindy would bring our family an entire cake on Christmas Eve. What a fun tradition. They made a dozen of these cakes, and delivered them as a family.
How to make a Rum Cake
This year our son baked the cake!
Mix the ingredients together and bake the cake!
We recommend a “golden rum,” as opposed to a dark rum, for this cake. But dark is an option, too. If you’re like me, you use up what you have in your cupboard!
Let it cool. Poke holes in the cake with a fork.
Drizzle with topping (so good).
We ended up serving it the next day for a small party, with small scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Sometimes we just need to be reminded to taste and see how beautiful hospitality is, to stretch ourselves a bit and try something new.
This holiday season, it’s not about competing over how your house looks, or who has the cutest dogs (HA HA), but truly it’s about gathering.
And just being together.
We had our friends over for leftovers the other night. They didn’t care; we didn’t care.
Hospitality is good for your soul, but it’s even better for the souls who are coming to share a few hours around your table.
Enjoy the cake! It’s super easy to make and …. almost dangerous! Just tell yourself, one sliver only! HA!
PS. You can freeze this cake, too!
Or, make the cake with NO nuts!
More holiday desserts:
Cranberry Christmas Cake [Barefeet in the Kitchen]
Eggnog Rice Pudding [Real Housemoms].
Get the Recipe:
Holiday Rum Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 box, about 18 Oz. yellow cake mix
- 1 package, 3.5 Oz. INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup golden rum, or “gold” rum
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- Prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- It's optional to sprinkle nuts over bottom of greased bundt pan (either 10 or 12" pan works).
- Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum.
- Bake at 325 in oven for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Invert onto serving plate and prick top.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the rum.
- Gently poke holes in the cake with a fork.
- Pour glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
- Allow cake to absorb glaze. Keep doing this until glaze is used up.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.