How to Make Taco Salad with Bush’s Kidney Beans
This post may contain affiliate links.
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans and I’m going to show you how to make taco salad using their Dark Red Kidney Beans. Easy!
When I think of late summer, early fall, I think of relaxing in our backyard (it’s pretty hot in southern Oregon until October), being creative with the harvest from our garden with canning, baking, and cooking, and then freezing what I can.
I think of our new fall schedule with soccer practices, games, and then whipping up a “quick” delicious taco salad for the family.
When my friends came to visit me earlier this summer, they reminded me of the “best in the world” salad dressing for a taco salad. Both of our mom’s made this dressing and it’s really good, and easy, and perfect if you’re entertaining a lot of people for a casual meal.
Ready for the recipe, friends? It’s always a hit with the younger folks and the older folks.
Taco Salad Dressing: 1:1 Catalina and Thousand Island Dressing. Mix together. Serve.
With early autumn, I’m also trying to keep my flowers still looking pretty in the yard. Do you struggle with the end-of-summer flower blahs? I do. I have sort of lost my zest for keeping them dead-headed and beautiful. Like in early summer, when they’re blooming like crazy and the colors are so stunning.
The vibrant hues of summer are starting to fade, the boys are heading back to college, and we’re back into the school routine. I can’t help but get a sad feeling, but I’m also thankful for the memories our family made this summer.
We still have one week with us all being together, so this taco salad will for sure be on the weekday menu, probably several times.
It’s easy, family-friendly, kid-friendly, and entertaining-friendly – and perfect for a potluck or even a tailgating party!
What’s your favorite taco salad combination?
Taco Salad with Bush's Red Kidney Beans Recipe
- 1 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 cups chicken, chopped
- 2 large heads lettuce – rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup corn salsa, or regular corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa, optional
- 1 15 ounce can Bush’s Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 14.5 ounce package Fritos Corn Chips, crushed
- Mix the first two ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce, cutting in small pieces, and place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, corn, salsa (optional), and drained kidney beans. Mix well, cover and refrigerate
- Just before serving, top the salad with the cheese and crushed chips.
- Add the dressing (to taste); toss and serve.
- Serve with whole chips on the side.
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans; but always, all opinions are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.