Lemon Lovers and Mini Lemon Meringue Bites
This Mini Lemon Meringue Bites recipe makes plenty of delicious bites of mini meringue pies, with tasty lemon curd!
I love all things lemon. The freshness of the scent, the beautiful bright color, the resemblance to the warmth of the sun, and for the palate: lemon-flavored desserts!
I really love lemon meringue pie – that tart/sweet filling, the perfect complement of lightly sweet meringue – yet I seldom make it.
So I was thrilled to make these little lemon tasty treats, and I thought they’d be perfect for Game Day coming up this Sunday (otherwise known as Super Bowl Sunday).
There are only a few ingredients, very easy to make, and a great way to get your kids in the kitchen.
Give them the task of pressing the cookie dough into the mini muffin pans and then scooping the meringue on top!
My favorite lemon curd is from Trader Joe’s, but did you know it’s actually very easy to make?
With this recipe today you’ll notice that each creamy bite is packed with serious lemon flavor.
Oh, and don’t forget to broil on “LOW.” I actually broiled my first batch on “HI” and they got a little toasty!
What sweet treats will you be making for Super Bowl Sunday?
Mini Lemon Meringue Bites Recipe
This Mini Lemon Meringue Bites are mini meringue pies served with lemon curd!
- 12 oz. refrigerated sugar-cookie dough, chilled
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (or pudding), chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place 2 tsp. of chilled cookie dough in each cup, and either press the sides up or use a mini tart tool, forming a cup.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the edges are golden. Allow to cool; do not remove from the muffin tins.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until frothy, and then add the cream of tarter and salt. Beat on high, gradually adding the sugar. Beat until glossy about 4 minutes.
- Fill each cooled cup with 1-2 tsp. lemon curd (or pudding). Using a small scooper, add a scoop of meringue to each filled lemon cup.
- Broil on LOW for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the broiler and let rest for 10 minutes. Gently loosen the edges and transfer to a serving platter.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks being here today, and if you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy!