Get-Togethers and Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce
This Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce is delicious served at a small get-together or dinner party! Easy entertaining tip: Make the sauce prior to guests arriving.
We host several big parties each year, but what we do more frequently is host smaller dinner parties and “get-togethers.” Small takes the pressure off of fancy, plus they’re far less detailed, much easier, and cheaper, too!
I love any kind of get-together that pairs great food with a few great people!
Benefits of hosting a get-together:
1. Invite 2 or 3 people. Real conversations, you really get to know your guests.
2. Get to know. Think of people you want to get to know, new neighbors, single friends who have common interests.
3. Guests will enjoy. Most guests will enjoy themselves with less people, than a large crowd at a party.
4. Spend less money. Delegate a few dishes and cook the main course! Ask guests to bring beverages!
5. Short and sweet. Get-togethers don’t usually last for hours, but are a short and sweet way to entertain!
The best part of a get-together is you get to attend your own party! This is what I love. I cook, serve the food, but I actually get to sit down and be present at the table with our guests!
Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce.
I’m sort of on a salmon kick lately, because not only is it healthy, but most guests love salmon! I’ve created some very simple recipes, like this Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce, Lemon Dill Salmon with Cucumber Herb Sauce, and Baked Pistachio Lemon Salmon.
The thyme sauce that is drizzled over the salmon literally dances in your mouth! Serve this dish on a bed of sauteed spinach for a lovely pairing!
Have everything prepared, the sauce pre-made, and salmon ready to toss into the saute pan right before it’s time for the main course to be served! In a separate pan, at the same time, quickly melt the butter, cook the spinach, and season to taste!
Confidence is key!
I feel more confident with my entertaining when I know the recipes I’ll be cooking for our guests, and this salmon recipe is easy and delicious.
Do you feel more confident when you are familiar with the recipe you’ll be serving your guests?
Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce
This Pan-Roasted Salmon with Thyme Butter Sauce is delicious served at a small get-together or dinner party! Easy entertaining tip: Make the sauce prior to guests arriving.!
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6-7 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter + 2 Tbsp., divided
- 3 Tbsp. freshly choppped thyme
- 4-6 6-ounce pieces salmon
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 lemon
- To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the shallots, sprigs of thyme, and wine. Cook the sauce until reduced by three fourths.
- Lower the heat and add the butter, whisking until melted. Add salt and pepper and the chopped fresh thyme.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan over high heat, add the oil, and cook the fish for about 3 minutes on each side, until the salmon is firm (not spongy–use the back of spatula handle to press down on the salmon).
- At the same time, melt the 2 Tbsp. of butter in a separate saute pan. Add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the fish from pan and plate on a bed of spinach, spooning the Thyme Butter Sauce over the top of each serving. Garnish with fresh thyme and a lemon wedge. Serve!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!