Love Through Food with Strawberry Basil Chicken Tenders
With springtime entertaining right around the corner, I have a simple 50-minute Strawberry Basil Chicken Tenders recipe, good enough for company!
I love our home and inviting people in for a meal. Seriously, the way to anyone’s heart is through his (her) stomach! Even if you feel you’re a horrible cook, just the invitation alone means a lot to people! I always remind friends that “take-out” is a fun option, too! There are so many great restaurants and markets to buy food, and bring it home to enjoy in your own home!
This past weekend my husband and I visited Seattle with our daughter, and we couldn’t have picked a more gorgeous weekend to check out colleges in the area.
Pike Place Market.
We walked through Pike Place several times, and these beautiful berries kept catching my eye!
It’s hard to believe that strawberry season is already here, and our youngest child is heading off to college (sniff-sniff)–it all happens so quickly!
Strawberry Basil Chicken Tenders.
Today I’ve combined fresh strawberries, goat cheese, basil, balsamic vinegar and chicken tenders for another simple 50-minute meal. I’ve always been in love with this combination of ingredients–on bruschetta, in a salad, in a wrap, you name it!
In honor of fresh strawberries in 2015, enjoy this recipe today! (More about our Seattle trip to come!)
What’s your favorite way to use fresh strawberries with chicken?
Get the Recipe:
Strawberry Basil Chicken Tenders
- 2-3 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar + 2 Tbsp., I use DeLallo Brand
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cusp fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the chicken and vinegar in a Ziploc bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from vinegar marinade, place on a sprayed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn the pieces over and bake another 10 minutes, or until done.
- Mix together the strawberries and basil. Gently mix in the goat cheese. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. Serve bruschetta on top of the chicken tenders.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!
More strawberry recipes:
The beautiful red flatware in the top photo is from Q Squared NYC. Check it out!
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...