Individual Pea Layered Salad in a Jar
This post may contain affiliate links.
Hey, friends, I’ve switched over to Mail Chimp, which is going to work much better for those of your who read my blog through an email subscription. You may have already noticed the new format, but if you haven’t signed up and would like to, you can do so HERE.
On to the post today …
What’s more wonderful than spending a warm, relaxing spring evening around the table with good friends? Or enjoying these little Individual Pea Layered Salad in a Jar? You’re going to love this recipe. Tasty! Your guests will love it, too, I promise!
Springtime is dicey, living in Oregon, because you never know if you’re going to get the April showers that bring the May flowers.
Or, hot sunny days, which we’ve had this past week. It’s been glorious!
With the fresh lettuce from our garden, we’ve been going out to the beds with a knife and chopping off a whole head for salads and recipes. Yum!
Today’s recipe has a touch of class, and if you have the time to make these individual servings up ahead of time, you can just pull them out of the fridge right before you’re ready to serve them, or take with you on a picnic!
7 ways to enjoy:
1. Make small portions in half-pint jars.
2. Make larger portions in pint jars.
3. Serve as an appetizer.
4. Serve as a salad entree.
5. Serve as a lunch entree.
6. Eat out by the pool, dipping your feet in the water.
7. Enjoy a jar with someone you love!
I don’t know if you’ve been buying fresh spring peas, but every time I go to Trader Joes, I pick up a pack or two!
What are your favorite ingredients to put into a layered salad?
Individual Pea Salad in a Jar
- 1 jar Delallo Pepperazzi, Spicy Sweet Red Peppers, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh green peas
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 slices cucumber
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Chop all ingredients and line up 8 half pint jars.
- Mix the mayonnaise, honey, and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Start layering the ingredients in each jar, starting with the red sweet peppers, carrots, red onions, 2-3 Tbsp. of dressing, lettuce, cheese, and end with one slice of cucumber on top.
- Refridgerate until serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.