BEST Shrimp Bacon Sliders
Enjoy these delicious Shrimp Bacon Sliders for easy entertaining and holiday fun! Serve them hot, or wrap in foil and bring them to the party!
Friends, I hope you enjoy this delicious Shrimp Bacon Sliders recipe! Serve as your family-favorite recipe that for tailgating, holiday parties, Super Bowl, game day, and more!
BEST Shrimp Bacon Sliders
Sliders are delish for a party, and everyone loves these sliders with shrimp and bacon and cheese!
How do you cook sliders?
My simple recipe … with bacon and shrimp and cheese! It’s a true party favorite!
- Sauté onions in the butter.
Add the prepared shrimp to melted butter, swirl to coat.
- Gently cook the shrimp.
- Line a broiling pan with bacon, sprinkling with brown sugar. Add salt and pepper. Broil until crispy!
- Pepare a 9×13 pan by lining with foil. Arrange the rolls according to directions and layer the cheese, bacon, onions, and 2-3 shrimp on the bottom portion of the rolls. Add the top to the rolls.
- Prepare the mustard and brown sugar sauce.Pour sauce over the 9×13 sandwiches right before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake.
- Serve hot or cold.
As summer winds down and beautiful autumn is before us, our family looks forward to cooler nights, bright sunny days with vibrant colors, the sight of falling leaves, and popping up the top of our VW Westfalia and opening the back for some good ol’ tailgating fun. We had so much fun setting up our VW Camper Van, which everyone is intrigued by. I mean, what truck or SUV has a kitchen inside, with beds to lie down on?
How to prepare sliders
Whether football or soccer, tailgating looks different for everyone, but there’s one thing that everyone loves: Delicious, easy-to-prepare dishes, whether hearty entrees or finger foods.
Tailgating is similar to inviting everyone to your house for dinner, except you use the back of your car or truck. The food is always the “hit” of the party, so I like to plan ahead, and make sure there’s something very yummy on the menu, just like I’d do in my own home.
You can choose to grill, or not to grill. I say make something easy at home and skip the grill.
Enter “rockstar” shrimp …
For our mini party, I made 2 easy shrimp recipes that everyone loves. One, a 9×13 pan of Shrimp Sliders, and the other, a side dish of Shrimp Sausage Mango Kebabs for an appetizer.
It’s berry season, so I made a yummy dessert, our friend brought a miscellaneous bag full of things like drinks, napkins, a few towels, plates, silverware, a bottle opener. Oh, and did I mention chips and salsa? We were set!
Shrimp is the perfect protein
Shrimp is the perfect protein to add to a dish, and so easy to cook with. It makes entertaining a breeze! I used extra large frozen shrimp for this recipe, and it was very easy to peel.
I love keeping shrimp on hand for appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, and easy snacks, like sliders!
How to cook shrimp
1. Thaw the shrimp (I thawed quickly by running under cold water for about 7 minutes, then draining well and patting dry.)
2. The shrimp is so easy to peel. It only took about 2 minutes to peel the entire bag.
3. I cooked the shrimp on medium-high in about 2 tablespoons of butter, lightly sautéing it for about 5 minutes.
4. The shrimp is done when the color becomes opaque. It’s really that easy!
Shrimp Bacon Sliders
If you’re planning on hosting a tailgate extravaganza, you’ll need only the simplest ingredients to make Shrimp Bacon Sliders today!
Potato rolls, cooked shrimp, onions, cheese, turey bacon (with brown sugar), and the sweet poppyseed sauce to top them off with.
Add brown sugar and salt and pepper to the bacon and broil until lightly crisp.
Cut the rolls in half, laying the bottoms on a foil-lined 9×13 pan. Layer cheese, bacon, and onions on top.
Add 2 pieces of shrimp.
Place the tops of rolls on top of shrimp. Cook the delicious sweet mustard poppyseed sauce and then pour over the top of rolls.
Bake covered with foil.
Get the Recipe:
Shrimp Bacon Sliders
- 1 24 ounce bag extra large shrimp, thawed
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced and sautéed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large potato rolls
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in medium pan. Thinly slice the onion; sauté in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until clear and cooked.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in large pan. Add the prepared shrimp, swirl to coat. Gently cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes until the color is opaque. Do not overcook.
- Line a broiling pan with bacon, sprinkling with brown sugar. Add salt and pepper. Broil until crispy, but not burnt, about 5 minutes.
- Pepare a 9×13 pan by lining with foil. Cut the rolls in half, placing the 12 bottom rolls on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, onions, and 2-3 shrimp on the bottom portion of the rolls. Add the top to the rolls.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 1/2 cup butter to a soft boil. Add mustard, Worcestershire, poppy seeds, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the 9×13 sandwiches right before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, Serve hot or cold.
This Fall “Tailgate Takeover” campaign was sponsored by The Shrimp Council (Eat Shrimp), but as always, all opinions are my own.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...