Stuffed Caprese Bread
This Stuffed Caprese Bread is a fun party food, appetizer, or tailgating appetizer made with mozzarella cheese and fresh tomatoes.
God has made such a beautiful world for us to enjoy, but often I get so busy, there are days I don’t relish the gifts like I should.
These beautiful tomatoes are being harvested from our garden this week. I can’t get enough of the vibrant colors, and we’re eating tomatoes like crazy, sharing them with our neighbors, roasting and freezing them.
Just sitting on the side patio, and enjoying the warm afternoon sun, I can’t keep my eyes off these beauties.
Working from home has its benefits (so many), but I also need something in the afternoon to help me shift to the next thing: Cooking dinner for the family and enjoying the evening.
I cook most of our dinners, especially now that my husband is coaching again (10th year, high school soccer), but he’s quick to jump in and help, or occasionally cook the meal entirely.
I love to cook!
Years ago, my dad helped us completely remodel our kitchen, moving the utility room to the garage, and expanding the room into one big great room, with dining room combined. So walking into the kitchen between 5 and 6, turning on the stove, grabbing onion, garlic, or something that eventually makes a delicious aroma, brings pure joy. I love to cook, feed my family, and this dish in particular made everyone very happy the other night.
Stuffed Caprese Bread.
So, now for the recipe today.
Using our garden tomatoes, we’ve fallen in love with this yummy bread! You can serve it as an appetizer, tailgating recipe, or even munch on it as a main dish!
Who could resist this fantastic Cheese Bread stuffed with fresh mozzarella cheese, pesto, and topped with fresh garden tomatoes?
Start with a loaf of bread, sliced into cubes (but not all the way through).
Stuff with cheese.
Follow the recipe for the rest of the delicious-ness!
I have to say it was fun to make, but even more enjoyable eating it. When you pull the bread cubes away from the loaf, there’s garlicky gooey mozzarella cheese strings, with rich pesto, that melt in your mouth.
Just serve it with lots of napkins!
What is it about this month that you love in your yard or garden?
Get the Recipe:
Stuffed Caprese Bread
- 1 lb. loaf Roasted Garlic Parmesan bread, I bought from Costco
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbsp. pesto, I buy DeLallo brand
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Fresh garden tomatoes
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic Glaze, I buy DeLallo brand
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sliced a round of bread lengthwise and then crosswise with a serrated knife, to about ¼ inch from the bottom of the round.
- Cut mozzarella cheese slices into small pieces and stuff in between the cuts of the bread. Mix together the pesto, sour cream, and garlic salt and cook for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and cook for another 30 seconds. Take out of the microwave and drizzle into each side of the cuts of bread.
- Wrap bread round in foil and bake for 30 minutes, then open foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve immediately, topped with fresh garden tomatoes and chopped basil.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks being here today, and if you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy!