Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchaes.
I have here a nutty Sweet Potato Soup Recipe, with citrus and fresh cilantro, perfect for sharing with a person you love!
This week is our 23rd anniversary! My husband and I sat on the back patio last night enjoying a bowl of Sweet Potato Soup, reminiscing about the past 23 years, and thinking about our friendship with one another.
I’ve got some posts in the queue to start up my #StillDating series, to pick up where I left off, which was right after our first date. We’ve been blessed to have a very full life together, to be best friends, and we both know that every day is a gift.
Friendship is like a piece of fruit on the tree or vine. You can’t hurry up the ripening process, it takes time and patience until it’s come into fruition. We can’t hurry life–it happens on its own. In marriage, it’s something that we hope our kids feel, and see the blossoming of our friendship as we journey through life. It takes time to get to the place where we are, but true friendship is well worth the commitment and love we’ve had for each other.
The big day.
The big day. Teal and fuchsia, big hair, lots of ruffles, puffy sleeves, and I still adore my beautiful bridesmaids. It was 108 degress in southern Oregon!
True love begins with a healthy friendship + good cake.
Getting married in 1991 was the beginning era of the “bird seed” toss (no longer using rice) – on our way to Mexico.
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe.
Now for the soup. I love the spin of adding peanut butter to the broth. Delicious, and adding citrus and a fresh bunch of cilantro really perked up the flavor!
Paul and I love soup, and as I’ve said here before, soup always tastes better when you’re sharing a bowl with a friend.
I’m glad that 23 year laters we still prioritize regular dates and eating together, even if it’s a simple meal. XOX to my sweet hubby, Paul.
Whether you’re married or not, who can you invest in or spend time with today to get to know better?
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4-5 cloves garilc
- 3 Tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups water
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 lime, or 1 lime and 1 small orange
- Add creamy peanut butter to make a richer broth, and chop up a bunch of fresh cilantro and citrus to bring the soup to a whole new level of goodness!
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add large chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger, cooking for another 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining spices and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, and peanut butter, with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for another 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Right before serving zest the lime (or orange) and then cut in half and squeeze the fresh juice into the soup. Chop a bunch of fresh cilantro and add. Mix and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.