Texas Caviar Bean Dip for Cinco de Mayo Day
Enjoy this popular Texas Caviar Bean Dip recipe for Cinco de Mayo Day or any weekend gathering, Game Day, potluck, or party! Made with your favorite beans and veggies, with a kick of jalapeno chile pepper, grab your favorite chips and dig in! This post has been updated with new photography and text!
Are you entertaining a crowd this weekend? Enjoy this Texas Caviar Bean Dip for Cinco de Mayo Day, or any weekend of the year!
Or, have you been invited out? Then you’ll want to bring a giant bowl of this Texas Caviar Bean Dip recipe! Your friends will love you!
For us, the latter. We’re happy to be biting into our friends delicious cooking, but we’re also contributing to the meal. I’ll be taking one of our family-favorite recipes that can used as a salad, or as a dip!
Texas Caviar Bean Dip
You hear, The Secret is in the Sauce, which is true for this recipe. It involves some prepping, and a tiny bit of cooking, but overall the time involved is well worth it.
You may like it Southern style, the way my friend Robyn makes it, or a little healthier made with jicama (yum), or without the beans, how about making a Cowboy Pasta Salad, the way my friend Amy makes it?
If you leave out the avocados, it’s great leftover!
The next day, add more veggies and enjoy for another party!
Margaritas, bowls of guacamole and chips, tacos and the gathering of good friends are all signs of a successful Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
What’s your favorite Mexican dish to take to a party?
Texas Caviar Bean Dip
Salad or dip recipe from the book, The Reluctant Entertainer, Bethany House 2009
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Bush’s black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Bush’s pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bush’s cannellini beans
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, do not drain
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 avocados (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the black beans, pinto beans, white corn, green chilies, jalapeno, red and green peppers, red onion, celery, and cilantro together.
- To make the dressing, stir the rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar, cumin, and garlic powder together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss to mix evenly.
This recipe is included in my book, The Reluctant Entertainer, a great gift idea. If you want to buy on Amazon, go here.