Holiday Whole Wheat M and M Cookies Recipe
‘Tis the season for holiday baking, Whole Wheat M and M Cookies Recipe, or for gifts to give or bring to a cookie exchange party!
Friends, we’ve been enjoying some quality times with friends and family here in central Oregon.
The weekend before the cold weather (and snow) arrived, we had a dinner party here one night, and then after our long hike to the Metolius River the next day, we came home for a bowl of Cuban Chicken Chili.
The perfect way to end the day! (Whole Wheat M and M Cookies on the counter!)
You know how much we love our pup, Haggis McStitch. And he loves us, especially when he gets to join us on walks around Sunriver.
We talked about how, in a noisy world, nature is so quiet.
How easy it is to take in nature. You don’t have to ask questions, or even discuss it, you just breathe it in, so organically.
And then when we return home, we do not return as the same person who left.
Our adventures shape us, at least for me, as I find I’m more intimately aware. I see people, God, my own spirituality, differently.
Back to home, the most unique place in the world. Right?
I’m so thankful for our home, and that we can host guests!
Hospitality doesn’t have to be complicated, and setting up a guest room is easy. Besides clean sheets, and extra blankets, I like to set out a treat, sometimes even a little gift.
Whole Wheat M and M Cookies Recipe
This time, we made Whole Wheat M and M Cookies.
We love Bob’s Red Mill grains, having lived in Oregon almost all of our lives, so they are a staple in our home!
I love how you can use different size scoops, depending on how many cookies you want to bake!
Of course, adjust the baking time if you make larger cookies.
And green and red M and M’s made the perfect holiday cookies!
Whole Wheat M&M Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups 13 ounces Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs or 4 small
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces M&M candy
- Walnuts optional
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar on high speed, until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs; scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add the flour and vanilla until combined. Mix in the M&M candy pieces (and walnuts) by hand.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place the cookie dough on the parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for several minutes before serving.