Day 4. Sunshine. Lemon Bread.

Sunshine.

Autumn bathes us in the warmth of the glorious sunshine.

And don’t you just love bringing a little bit of sunshine to others?

That’s what my friend, Jenny, did a few weeks ago when she brought me a gift.

A darling kitchen towel wrapped around Meyer Lemons. With a very sweet (late) birthday wish.

I unwrapped the towel and saw the yummy recipe printed into the towel.

So one afternoon I juiced the lemons (and some oranges) and made the bread.

Four loaves … one for our neighbors on either side of our home. Two for our family.

A little gift of sweet sunshine with a little bit of lemon.

All I can say is that it’s really fun to bless others with food, especially when they’re not expecting it.

There’s just something about Autumn that says share.

When’s the last time you thought about your neighbors and what you could bring them?

If you’re joining my 30 Days series, you may have missed these posts:

Day 1. Autumn.
Day 2. Health.
Day 3. Entertaining.

23 Responses to “Day 4. Sunshine. Lemon Bread.”

Kim — September 4, 2012 @ 4:44 am

What a sweet birthday gift- I love the tea towel with the recipe on it! Your neighbors are blessed to have you living next door to them, Sandy! You are so thoughtful and sweet to share your lemon bread with them! :-)

heather @ new house, new home, new life — September 4, 2012 @ 5:16 am

Love the towel! I’m pinning it to remember it.

My neighbours are avoiding me right now because I keep trying to give them excess tomatoes – lol.

Stacey — September 4, 2012 @ 6:03 am

Sounds wonderful! Now if we could all just find one of those towels to take with the lemon bread. :)

Maria — September 4, 2012 @ 7:20 am

I want a slice right now! Lovely!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — September 4, 2012 @ 7:43 am

Oh goodness, I’m dying over here! I just love Meyer lemons. In fact, I bought a Meyer lemon tree a few months ago and I’m anxiously awaiting its first bloom.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — September 4, 2012 @ 7:48 am

Love this recipe and the story behind it…. and I suppose I also love the fact that it involves a gift of lemons. ;-)

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — September 4, 2012 @ 7:56 am

What a beautiful gift to receive, love the towel with the recipe! I love lemon bread – and LOVE the recipe’s name with “sunshine” in it. :) I haven’t shared any baked goods lately…still giving out fresh yum from the garden.

jenny — September 4, 2012 @ 8:28 am

oooh…it turned out lovely! Makes me wish I was one of your neighbors on either side of your home — not just for your yummy sunshine lemon cake, of course. ;)

JulieD — September 4, 2012 @ 10:27 am

so beautiful!! I adore Meyer lemons, I love that it’s almost the season for them. One of our neighbors has helped us out and let our dogs out when we can’t be home in time…the last time she did this, we brought home dog toys for her doggies too. :)

Susan — September 4, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

Quick question…..does this make four regular size loafs…..9×5? Looks yummy!

Aggie — September 4, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

This is my kind of dessert! So sweet to make for neighbors, I’m sure it’s very appreciated!

Jenny — September 4, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

I have this on our schedule to make tomorrow. I too would like to know what size pans you used. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

teresa — September 4, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Looks so good Sandy.
    How cute that the recipe was on the tea towel.
    I love bread with a citrus glaze.
    yum!
    xo

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — September 5, 2012 @ 5:08 am

Mmm, that looks like sunshine for my belly!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — September 5, 2012 @ 7:41 am

Gorgeous Sandy! I love everything lemon!

Kaye @House on Oak Street — September 5, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

Just made this for my Ladies’ Bible Study tonight! YUM! Thanks!

Angie — September 6, 2012 @ 9:16 am

How sweet! I love that bread, so beautiful!

Amber DeGrace — October 23, 2012 @ 11:30 am

I was a bit confused about how many loaves this recipes makes, and I see in the original towel recipe that it indicates baking in a bundt pan (which I don’t own). I made this in two normal loaf pans and it’s just right. I added poppy seeds, vanilla extract, and dried Valencia orange peel. Delicious!

Teresa Roberts — November 24, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

I have a question regarding the recipe. The title is “Sunshine Lemon Bread”. Sandy states that she juiced the Meyer lemons. However, there is no lemon juice used in the recipe, only lemon zest. Is there a mistake somewhere? Why is it called “Sunshine Lemon Bread” when there is no lemon juice used in it? I don’t think that lemon zest will provide much lemon flavor when orange juice has been added.

1. Pingback: Day 1. Autumn. 30 Days of Autumn Inspiration. | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

2. Pingback: Day 6. Heirlooms. 30 Days of Autumn Inspirations. | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

3. Pingback: Day 11. Friends. Peaches with Crème Fraîche Recipe. | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

4. Pingback: Day 1. Autumn. Gracious Living. | Living better at 50+| Online Womens Magazine