Picky Palate’s Almond Lovers’ Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

My friend Jenny (author of the blog, Picky Palate) loves creating cookies, and delicious recipes which are bound together in her beautiful cookbook called, The Picky Palate Cookbook. (A lovely, lovely gift idea!)

I love traveling with Jenny or following her on Instagram, because if given the chance, she’ll find the quaint cupcake, cookies, or chocolate stores. And then post yummy pictures. :) In this case, last summer we sampled chocolates together on a press trip up in Washington.

Where we had a bunch of fun together. Jenny’s one of the most generous, loving bloggers I’ve met. Downright genuine and caring and sweet!

(Shaina, Jessica, Jenny, Amanda, and me.)

What I love about Jenny’s blog, and now her new cookbook, is how family friendly it is. It’s full of recipes “for picky eaters,” and seriously, for those who say they are “hospitality-challenged,” this is your book.

-Easy cooking
-Scrumptious recipes
-Fun dinnertime meals & games for your kids

I love her charming head notes before each recipe, and she gives great tips, suggestions, and substitution ideas (again, for the hospitality-challenged cook!).

Today I’m sharing Jenny’s Almond Lovers’ Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yum!

She talks about almond butter.

Makes it very clear to use a “medium cookie scoop.” (I have 3 sizes of Pampered Chef scoops in my kitchen.)

And if you have kids, Jenny says to … “have the kids sit at the counter and help add all the ingredients to the mixer.” Yup, that’s exactly what I did with my 3 kids (who are now 20, 18, and 16).

By the way, I’ve always kept 3 sizes of scoops in my kitchen. They are actually some of my favorite kitchen tools.

What size scoop(s) do you have in your kitchen? Do you scoop your cookies, or simply spoon them?

10 Responses to “Picky Palate’s Almond Lovers’ Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe”

Kim in MD — January 9, 2013 @ 5:30 am

I love Jenny’s blog, and her recipes are always fun and delicious! These cookies look amazing! I have at least three cookies scoops, and always use them when making cookies.

Tara @ Unsophisticook — January 9, 2013 @ 11:06 am

I’m a scooper! Have three different sizes, too. :)

Aggie — January 9, 2013 @ 11:31 am

I can’t believe I don’t have this book yet! Putting it in my amazon shopping cart right now!

I love the pic of you gals! and the cookies look amazing, my kind of cookie!

JulieD — January 9, 2013 @ 11:39 am

I love my cookie scoops too!! Love Jenny’s cookbook and her. I need to make these cookies!!

Gina — January 9, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Hmm, my kitchen is scoopless. I must remedy that. But those cookies look amazing, and maybe that is the cookbook for me and my one very picky daughter. If I can get to eat anything other than mac and cheese or PB and J it’s miraculous!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 9, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

Ahh. What a fun post. These cookies are the best. As are you lovely ladies!

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — January 9, 2013 @ 8:42 pm

Looks like a great cookbook and I know I will love these cookies!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 9, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

I need to get Jenny’s cookbook, by all accounts it is a great one!

Angie — January 10, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I’ve got to try these because I adore almonds!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 11, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

I’m waiting to get my hands on Jenny’s new book. And those almond lovers chocolate chip cookies!! :)