Lake Dinner with Summer Zucchini Galette

Summer Zucchini Galette reluctantentertainer.com

My last birthday celebration this summer was up at Rocky Point Resort. My friends are all excellent cooks, but I have to say that the Summer Zucchini Galette was the recipe most talked about. Sarah was the star, adapting the recipe she found in Better Homes and Garden. I had eyed that recipe, too, with so much summer zucchini in our garden right now!

Dinner on the lake

Our time together was so special. I am blessed with so many great friends, I get a little weepy just thinking about it. I think everyone wants to feel loved and special, but not everyone does. There are so many lonely people out there. Sometimes instead of waiting to be reached out to, we just have to reach out ourselves, and draw people into our lives.

Rocky Point Resort, OR

My friends made our 3 days together on the lake (Rocky Point Resort) sort of like a story you’d read about. It truly was magical …

photo 2

They whisked me off in a canoe, just around the bend to the resort, and little did I know that when we turned the corner …

Dinner on the lake

This would be waiting for me.

Dinner on the lake

Perfect in every way. The rug, the table, the chairs, the setting. The tiki torches on the corner of the dock. The sky, the menu, the friends, the decor.

Dinner on the lake

It was a dinner party like none other. (Trip tip, Summer Zucchini Galette, Wedge Salad, and roasted potatoes).

Summer Zucchini Galette

Blessings come with surprises. I’ve heard I’m hard to surprise, but this time I was completely amazed, and it was a fabulous night.

Do you think out-of-the-box when it comes to your making your friends’ birthdays special?

10 Responses to “Lake Dinner with Summer Zucchini Galette”

Emily — August 23, 2013 @ 5:59 am

What a magical surprise! I love lake-side celebrations in the summer. Also, thanks for the zucchini recipe! You can never get too much of a good thing, but zucchinis seem to test everyone’s patience in late summer!

Jan Udlock — August 23, 2013 @ 7:16 am

Oh, Sandy, how lovely! And such a beautiful gift from your friends.

I had to explain to my daughter the other day when I bought zucchini at our local produce stand why I was a bit embarrassed…”because most people have tons of it in their garden and I didn’t plant any this summer.”

Love your site, Sandy.
    j

Barbara — August 23, 2013 @ 7:58 am

What an enchanting scene, dinner on the dock! Loved this post!

KL — August 23, 2013 @ 8:01 am

sounds like a wonderful time, good for you-

this rang true for me and where I am at in my life currently:

Sandi Graham — August 23, 2013 @ 9:27 am

How fun… I love dinner al fresco. I cannot wait for Fall. It’s too hot in Texas right now.

bridget {bake at 350} — August 23, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

Wow…that looks like such a special time! ♥ And the galette looks fabulous!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — August 23, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

Looks lovely! Glad that you guys had a wonderful time!

jamie @ arugulaholic — August 24, 2013 @ 7:33 am

What a beautiful night that must have been!

ClassiclyAmber — August 25, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

Just looking at the table again and backdrop for such a gorgeous dinner! You are blessed in having such thoughtful, caring friends!

1. Pingback: Late Summer Garden and Eating Organic | Reluctant Entertainer