Adding Fruit to Guacamole and Bush’s Black Bean Pineapple Guacamole Dip Recipe
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans.
I love to keep Bush’s Beans stocked in my pantry. Especially with black beans, there’s always a recipe that I can make last minute that I can add a can or two of beans to.
In this case, last week, we had friends coming over for casual Mexican cuisine. Nice and easy, I threw a pan of enchiladas in the oven and whipped up a delicious guacamole dip. Which, by the way, I’m sure you already knew that an avocado is a piece of fruit, right? Seed in the middle … But what about strawberries? Seeds on the outside. It’s all so confusing to me …
Let’s just enjoy them and not worry about the details. :)
I love making fresh salsas and dips with fruit and veggies. Think of the fruits that you can add to guacamole, there really are no limits and it’s fun to create new flavors!
Fruits to add to guacamole:
We have a vast supply of avocados; we’ve been eating through them as quick as we buy them! We don’t grow them, but have just been buying them in bulk! They are so good for you and they’ve become a daily staple in our home.
I’ve decided the perfect avocado is when you think it’s almost ready to eat, possibly not quite, but then you cut into it and it’s perfect. To me, there is nothing worse than a mushy avocado. I won’t even waste my recipe with one. It just ruins the overall texture and flavor.
BUT … for guacamole, use up the mushy avocados if you have any. I’ve noticed, too, that everyone has their own favorite flavors and recipe when it comes to guacamole.
The recipe I’m sharing today I used fresh pineapple. I promise, it’s worth making!
What’s your favorite fruit to add to guacamole or salsa?
Bush's Black Bean Pineapple Guacamole Dip Recipe
- 4 medium avocados halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup bottled green chili salsa salsa verde or regular salsa
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple or 1 cup canned crushed pineapple drained
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2-3 tablespoons red onions finely chopped
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the avocados in a large bowl. Stir in the salsa and sour cream until combined.
- Stir in pineapple, drained beans, jalapeno, onion cilantro, garlic, lime or lemon juice, salt and cumin.
- Sprinkle guacamole with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans, but as always, all opinions are my own.