Mini Caprese Skewers Appetizer
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mini Caprese Skewers are a light, quick appetizer, drizzled with your favorite olive oil and balsamic vinegar! reat for any party! Watch the video!
My girlfriends were coming for a quick last-minute dinner. It was too cold to eat outside, so I set the table and pulled a simple meal together quickly, asking my friend Cindy to bring a salad, My friend Judy brought this Mini Caprese Skewers Appetizer!
What you need to make Mini Caprese Skewers
Which, by the way, I loved Judy’s tip on buying bulk 8″ bamboo skewers online! If you love to entertain, this is definitely the way to go!
- Bamboo skewers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
Mini Caprese Skewers
We really enjoyed these Mini Caprese Skewers appetizer! This appetizer is best if made with a premium balsamic vinegar. Do a little reseach online for the best.
When the last skewer was picked up, we were dipping our fingers into the glaze left on the dish. They were that good!
Change up the guest list
When I host friends for dinner (usually when my hubby is out of town), I like to change up the guest list, the menu, and try to invite someone new! This time I invited 2 friends who’ve never been to my house. We had such a lovely time.
I love creating a setting, the mood, the atmosphere (music, candles, warm ambience). It’s a place for others to connect and really get to know each another. It doesn’t have to always be a dinner party, but for me, I find the “actual table” experience is really where it’s at.
It’s good to really think about your intentions in bringing others together. For me, a very busy person (as are all my friends), it’s a few precious hours that can be very meaningful.
Why set the table
1. If you don’t have the table set, having everyone sit together, then 2 or 3 people may end up talking together the entire evening, not mingling with others.
2. The table is the place where everyone gets to contribute, and everyone listens. For the introvert person, this is extremly important.
3. For someone shy or new, the table is a safe place to not have to talk much (listening in!), but still get to know others.
4. The host can ask questions and keep the conversation flowing in a positive and meaningful way.
5. The host can go around the table and ask questions, to get everyone involved.
6. You can still plan a casual buffet, having everyone serve themselves, then bringing their dish back to the table.
Caprese Salad Skewers
So whether serving this recipe as an appetizer or a sald, either way these caprese salad skewers are a big party hit!
Mini Caprese Skewers
- 16 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh mozzarella balls or chunks, about the same size of the tomato
- 16 basil leaves
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Premium balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. Pierce one tomato on each skewer and lay them out on a plate.
- Next, push one chunk of mozzarella on top of the tomato, and place a basil leaf on top.
- Repeat the process until there are 6 pieces on each skewer.
- Lay each Caprese Bite in a row, on a platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper the skewers. Serve!
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.