Mini Caprese Skewers Appetizer
These Mini Caprese Skewers are a light, quick appetizer to serve at a dinner party, or to bring to a picnic or potluck. Great for any season, caprese salad skewers can be served as an appetizer or a salad, drizzled with your favorite olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
My girlfriends were coming for a quick last-minute dinner. It was too cold to eat outside, so I set the table and pulled a simple meal together quickly, asking my friend Cindy to bring a salad, and my friend Judy this Mini Caprese Skewers Appetizer! Which, by the way, I loved Judy’s tip on buying bulk 8″ bamboo skewers online! If you love to entertain, this is definitely the way to go!
Mini Caprese Skewers
We really enjoyed these Mini Caprese Skewers appetizer! This appetizer really needs to be made with a premium balsamic vinegar, if you can find some (do a little reseach online), and when the last skewer was picked up, we were dipping our fingers into the glaze left on the dish. They were that good.
When I host friends for dinner (usually when my hubby is out of town), I like to change up the guest list, the menu, and try to invite someone new! This time I invited 2 friends who’ve never been to my house. We had such a lovely time.
I love creating a setting, the mood, the atmosphere (music, candles, warm ambience), a place for others to connect and really get to know each another. It doesn’t have to always be a dinner party, but for me, I find the “actual table” experience is really where it’s at. It’s good to really think about your intentions in bringing others together. For me, a very busy person (as are all my friends), it’s a few precious hours that can be very meaningful.
Why set the table
1. If you don’t have the table set, having everyone sit together, then 2 or 3 people may end up talking together the entire evening, not mingling with others.
2. The table is the place where everyone gets to contribute, and everyone listens. For the introvert person, this is extremly important.
3. For someone shy or new, the table is a safe place to not have to talk much (listening in!), but still get to know others.
4. The host can ask questions and keep the conversation flowing in a positive and meaningful way.
5. The host can go around the table and ask questions, to get everyone involved.
6. You can still plan a casual buffet, having everyone serve themselves, then bringing their dish back to the table.
Caprese Salad Skewers
So whether serving this recipe as an appetizer or a sald, either way these caprese salad skewers are a big party hit!
You may also want to try this Hot Caprese Dip Recipe [Rachel Cooks] or my Caprese Chicken Casserole Recipe or Pesto Asparagus Caprese Salad (so good) or Easy Dill Pickle Dip [That Skinny Chick Can Bake].
Mini Caprese Skewers
Mini Caprese Skewers are a light, quick appetizer to serve at a dinner party, or to bring to a picnic or potluck. Great for any season, caprese salad skewers can be served as an appetizer or a salad, drizzled with your favorite olive oil and balsamic vinegar!
- 16 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh mozzarella balls or chunks, about the same size of the tomato
- 16 basil leaves
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Premium balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. Pierce one tomato on each skewer and lay them out on a plate.
- Next, push one chunk of mozzarella on top of the tomato, and place a basil leaf on top.
- Repeat the process until there are 6 pieces on each skewer.
- Lay each Caprese Bite in a row, on a platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper the skewers. Serve!
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!