Bacon Wrapped Apricots with Honey & Rosemary Recipe
These Bacon Wrapped Apricots with Honey & Rosemary Recipe are great for tailgating, a game day party, or any appetizer!
If you read about my messy kitchen yesterday, you may have seen these little goodies on the counter.
Here’s to my MESSY kitchen at the end of the day!
And a NEW yummy appetizer recipe that I promised I’d share today.
These little apricot bites are so tasty, and the ingredients are easy to keep on hand for last-minute company. I forgot to add the fresh rosemary to the photos, but fresh herbs really add to any appetizer, depending on what flavors you have going on. Rosemary and honey is always a hit!
I get asked a lot the best places to stock up on appetizer ingredients. Good question, and here are a few of my answers:
What kind of bacon do I keep on hand?
I purchase the fully cooked bacon slices from Costco. You can freeze what you don’t use!
Where to buy the dried fruit?
I like Trader Joe’s dried apricots the best, and then next I shop Grocery Outlet for a bargain. You want to make sure the fruit is soft and fresh.
What can you substitute for the apricots?
There are quite a few ingredients that would be a delicious replacement, such as pineapple chunks, chicken pieces, water chestnuts, figs, shrimp or dates.
We always keep an assortment of nuts on hand, but I usually buy in bulk from Costco. I think it’s the best deal around. But for more specialized, again, Trader Joe’s, Harry & David, or Grocery Outlet.
Everyone has honey, right? This was home-raised from my friend, Barb, but Amy has supplied us with several jars, too. There’s nothing like home-raised honey!
What’s your favorite appetizer to make with bacon?
Get the Recipe:
Bacon Wrapped Apricots with Honey and Rosemary
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices
- 16 whole dried apricots
- 16 Sesame Honey Cashews from Trader Joe’s
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking dish with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Lay the apricot pieces in the baking dish, place 1 nut on top; wrap with 1/2 piece of bacon and secure together with a toothpick.
- Bake the apricots for 12-15 minutes, but do not overcook. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove to a serving dish. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with freshly chopped rosemary. Serve!