Bush’s Beans One-Pot Citrus Chicken Chili Recipe
This Bush’s Beans One-Pot Citrus Chicken Chili recipe has a zest of orange, and delicious sweet and savory flavor to enjoy for a weeknight meal!
It’s ideal for this gorgeous time of year, it uses ingredients that you should have stocked in your pantry (I always stock different varieties of Bush’s Beans) and fridge, with a quick stop off to the grocery store for a rotisserie chicken, a fresh orange and herbs.
Jeffrey gave me a little advice/inspiration for this recipe today. :)
Jeffrey says “grind your spices for a bolder flavor,” which I agree with, but he also shared the philosophy that if you’re in a hurry, and need something quick, dry spices will work just fine!
Jeffrey brings it all home with his cooking. BTW, Do you have his new cookbook Jeffrey Saad’s Global Kitchen: Recipes Without Borders and have you watched his TV show United Tastes of America. Tuesdays at 10pm ET on Cooking Channel?
He can take the simplest recipes ideas, like basic chili, and give some great tips that turns it to gold.
This one paragraph, in his new book, reached out and grabbed my heart. It says a lot about his philosophy regarding cooking food, and hospitality.
The most important tool in your kitchen is your heart.
Food is all about love and communion with people. It’s the story of the world — of cultures, history, and geography — and the glue that keeps us together. Cooking with your heart and with passion is the true key to success and the best way to spread joy around. – Jeffrey Saad
I love how food connects our family. When my boys come home from college, it’s all about the food. :) So these kind of one-pot meal recipes–ones that can be cooked in 45 minutes with simple ingredients–are a dream. Quick and easy!
So I’m hoping you enjoy this simple recipe today, and that you’ll say WOW when you taste the ginger and citrus spin on the chili. (I sent a couple bowls home with my niece to try out the recipe on her husband – they loved it, too!)
I think this one-pot meal, soon to be another Coughlin family favorite, might become one of yours too!
What’s the most unique ingredient you’ve added to a chili recipe?
Bush's Beans One-Pot Citrus Chicken Chili Recipe
Easy one-pot meal with Bush’s Beans, rotisserie chicken, and citrus flavors.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup crystalized ginger, chopped (or 1 tsp. ground ginger spice)
- 3 tsp. ground cumin (grind your own, or use ground cumin spice)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or cut in small pieces
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 28 oz. green enchilada or salsa verde sauce
- 2 cans Bush’s Cannellini Beans, drained
- 2 cans Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 1 large orange, juiced + zest
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large frying pan, cook onions, celery, and carrots in hot oil until tender.
- Stir in ginger, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add in chicken, broth, salsa verde, and drained beans. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Zest the orange; set aside the zest. Squeeze the juice from the orange in a separate bowl.
- Add the juice of the orange to the chili mixture, stirring well.
- Top with sour cream, orange zest, and finely chopped cilantro. Serve.
I have a paid partnership with Bush’s Beans, but as always in this post today, all opinions are my own.