The Beauty of Summer and Bush’s Blackeye Peas Fresh Corn Salad
This Bush’s Blackeye Peas Fresh Corn Salad is a delightful summer salad full of summer vegetables!
When our friends invited themselves over to use our pool (why not?), we happened to be home with no plans, so I wanted to make a light and tasty dinner and ask them to join us.
I also wanted to cook something easy where I wouldn’t have to turn the oven on inside and heat up the house! One minute for corn (for recipe below) was totally doable …
Barbecued hamburgers and a few salads were on my menu.
Our friends brought dessert.
I had fresh corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and always Bush’s Beans (Blackeye Peas) in the pantry, but I had still had to run to the store for a few more items.
I’ve been using the “notes” on my iPhone for grocery list reminders. My husband got me started on this.
Back to the kitchen to whip up this delicious summer salad, fresh, fresh, fresh …
After a little berry pickin’ and swimming, we enjoyed a great summer meal together.
To me, that’s the beauty of summer. Just hanging together and enjoying great food.
What’s your favorite “fresh” summer salad?
Bush's Blackeye Peas Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup Nakano Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or substitute with Agave)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 can Bush’s Blackeye Peas, drained
- 6 ears fresh corn, blanched and cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced orange or red sweet peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper together; set aside.
- Blanch the corn in hot boiling water for 1 minute; put directly into ice water. Cool and cut off the cob.
- Mix the corn kernels and Bush’s Blackeye Peas along with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing. Season to taste.
- Garnish and serve.
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans, but all opinions are my own.