Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe is a creamy, sweet chicken recipe that comes together quickly, served with your favorite pasta! Watch the video!
Today I’m sharing a not-complicated delicious Chicken Marsala Recipe for casual entertaining, with your favorite pasta. If you love salmon, you may also want to try my Salmon Mushroom Zoodle Marsala!
It’s good enough for company, and great served with this Quick Easy Green Salad Recipe!
Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
I can think of several reasons why it’s not easy to host a dinner – we’re too busy, we don’t know what to cook, or we just lack the confidence to invite others into our space (a whole new list of fears).
This simple recipe will hopefully inspire you to get into the kitchen, whip up this delightful Easy Chicken Marsala recipe, cook some pasta, set out a salad – and wah lah!
A true comfort dish!
You’re on your way to easy entertaining, and beautiful hospitality, when you get to share your life with others around the table.
Which Marsala wine is best for chicken marsala?
For this recipe, and any savory recipe, you want to use a dry marsala.
If making a dessert or sweeter recipe, use a sweet marsala!
What ingredients do I need for chicken marsala?
Most recipes are basically the same, but for mine, you need these ingredients:
- Shallots and onions
- Chicken breasts
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Dry marsala cooking wine
- Butter and sour cream
- Don’t forget your favorite pasta! Standard is spaghetti pasta!
We used one of our favorite kitchen pieces, my Le Creuset 3.5 quart brasier (I love the stainless steel one because it’s light enough to add to a dinner board).
This is one of my favorites because it not only holds a lot of food, but it’s also pretty for serving the food on a casual evening!
From the stove to the table! Serve with a side of your favorite pasta!
Easy Chicken Recipe
Sauté the onions and mushrooms, removing them to a bowl.
Then cook the chicken in the same pan (after shaking the chicken in a Ziploc bag with flour, salt, and pepper).
Combine it together, add the marsala, and cook down. Right before serving, garnish with parsley!
Serve over spaghetti pasta!
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 24 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Marsala cooking wine (dry)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, or cilantro
- 16 ounces linguini pasta, I use DeLallo brand
- In a large frying pan or 3.5 quart braiser, heat the olive oil on medium heat; add the shallots, onion and garlic and cook until tender. Remove from the pan into a bowl; set aside.
- Coat the chicken in the flour and salt and pepper (using a Ziploc bag to shake the chicken in). In the same large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute half the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with a second tablespoon of the oil and the remaining chicken, removing to the separate plate to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and stir in the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Off heat, add in the marsala and cook for 1 minute, scraping any browned bits from the skillet. Drain off the liquid (keeping the mushrooms in the pan) and set aside. Add the chicken back to the pan, placing the onion mixture on top.
- In a separate pan, place the marsala sauce. Add the cornstarch to 1/4 cup cold water, and whisk until smooth. Pour into the marsala sauce and heat on high, stirring until thick. Add the melted butter; stir. Add the sour cream; stir.
- Pour the marsala sauce over the chicken, onions, and mushrooms in the pot. Bring the chicken marsala to a boil, then gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta following package directions, about 11 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken with chopped parsley. Serve over cooked pasta.
Every purchase from these affiliate links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.