Chili Lime Chicken Thighs Platter
A Chili Lime Chicken Thighs Platter is an easy recipe, made with marinated chicken for grilling, served with veggies, chili lime sauce and brown rice!
Friends, here’s a delicious meal for this week if you love chicken thighs. Serve it on a platter of veggies, and you have a beautiful spread for dinner tonight! Isn’t food so beautiful? Just look at these Pineapple Mango Grilled Chicken Skewers for grilling, too! Or this Chili Lime Steak Fajita Tacos Recipe!
Why you may like Chili Lime Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs are best if marinated for a few hours—up to 12 in the refrigerator. This is a fun way to serve chicken. You can serve it on a board, too, where everyone makes their own bowls. It’s a casual way to serve, and beautiful in presentation.
What is the spice in chili lime chicken thighs?
The amount of sambal oelek or chili paste can be adjusted, depending on your desired spice level—1 Tbsp for not spicy and 4 Tbsp for more of a kick.
Or, if you love a milder chicken, try my Apricot Greek Yogurt Chicken Thighs—easy, and so good, and baked in the oven!
How do you make a chicken platter for bowls?
For this recipe, it’s optional to use chicken breasts. Slice the chicken into strips and arrange on a platter with your favorite veggies!
Getting flavorful and tender chicken all comes down to the marinade. You can also try this Lemon Herb Chicken Marinade.
Serve with a side of brown rice, and let everyone dig in and make their own bowls.
Ingredients for the Chili Lime Chicken marinade
- Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- Toasted sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Sambal oelek chili paste
- Salt to taste
We love the bright citrus flavor of lime and spicy chili, which is clearly the star of the dish!
Served with your favorite veggies and brown rice for chicken bowls, it’s a meal that everyone loves–packed with so much flavor!
How do you marinate chicken thighs?
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade for serving, then transfer the remaining amount to the chicken thighs and mix, using your hands or a spoon to evenly coat the meat.
- Allow thighs to marinate for a few hours on the counter before grilling (of course, make sure it doesn’t sit out too long), or overnight in the refrigerator.
Ready for grilling!
Can you make this recipe with chicken breasts?
Yes, you can! Thighs are juicier, but higher in fat than leaner chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are delicious, but you have to adjust the cooking time!
Chicken in general is quick, flavorful and so tender – one of our favorite grilling meats. You may also want to try my Best Grilled Chicken Thighs.
More chicken thighs recipes you may love
Paprika Sweet Potato Chicken Thighs
Lemongrass Curry Coconut Chicken Thighs
One Pan Barbecue Sauce Chicken Thighs
Get the Recipe:
Chili Lime Chicken Thighs Platter
Chicken and Marinade
- 10-12 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs rinsed, with excess fat removed
- 1/2 c toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 large limes, juiced and zested
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1-4 Tbsp sambal oelek chili paste, or other
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 carrots, julienned
- 6 baby bell peppers, julienned
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 c steamed or roasted broccoli, (don't serve raw)
- Mint to serve
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl or Ziploc bag. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade: sesame oil, honey, garlic, lime, fish sauce, chili paste, and any additional salt to taste. Stir until smooth and well combined. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade for serving, then transfer the remaining amount to the chicken thighs and mix, using your hands or a spoon to evenly coat the meat. Allow thighs to marinate for a few hours on the counter before grilling, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat when you’re ready to cook the chicken. Remove the thighs from the marinade and scrape off excess liquid. Spray with nonstick spray (this will also help with grill marks) and place on the grill. Grill each side for 6-7 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut into strips.
- Arrange the chicken, broccoli, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, and remaining sauce on a platter. Garnish with mint and serve hot with brown rice.
I have chicken thighs with bones. Do you know how long I’d cook them on the grill. This recipe sounds vey tasty. We like spice, but would 4T. make it real spicy? My husband doesn’t like it that spicy lately.
Hi Sherry, cook the chicken thighs on grill like you would any other recipe. For this marinade, 4 T is spicy, so you probably want to do more like 2 if your husband doesn’t like spice!
Hi I’ve never heard of some of these items. Can you tell me where I can find them in the grocery store?
Toasted Sesame Oil, Fish Sauce, Sambal Oellek Chili Paste?
Thank you. I would like to try this dish.
Hi, Irene! You can find these ingredients in the Asian aisle of the grocery store!