Oregon Coast Camping with Strawberry Crumble Dessert
This Strawberry Crumble Dessert is perfect for camping or any summer evening dessert. It’s tart, and delicious served with Vanilla ice cream. Double the recipe for Memorial Day!
Friends, my husband and I are out camping in our Westy (1987 VW Westfalia camper van)! It’s delightful on the Oregon coast, and we love our humble little home for a few days! We’re headed up north, which is actually my favorite part of the Oregon coast. Our family has so many fond memories of being at Pacific City and Cannon Beach! (Here’s a post on 10 Reasons Why We Love our Westy Camper.)
In the meantime, I thought I’d share with you some pictures of our little camper. Nighttime is my favorite for sitting around the fire, talking, dishes are cleaned up, and we’re enjoying a sweet dessert.
Strawberry Crumble Dessert.
What sweet dessert? A very simple Strawberry Crumble Dessert. I made it in our camp stove oven, and the tartness of the berries (no sugar added) with the yummy topping … oh, my!
Bake in Camp Chef Oven.
I sliced the berries at home. Made the crumble before we left. Put it together and baked in our Camp Chef oven for 30 minutes.
Here’s a little secret about me and camping. I’m a happy cook if I have a plan, and I can chop, prepare, and get everything ready before I leave.
There’s something about the outdoors that sucks my energy (it all goes into the beautiful elements) from wanting to spend any time cooking! But … we have to eat, and I still like to be creative.
And, I like to surprise my husband with a sweet nosh after dinner!
So this was a hit.
Tart, sweet, the perfect outdoor treat.
I’ll be sharing more camping posts this summer, so stay tuned! (Or, did you check out my Instagram beach pictures?)
More camping recipes:
What’s your go-to dessert recipe you love for camping (other than S’Mores)?
Strawberry Crumble Dessert
- 6 cups about 1-1/2 pounds strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the strawberries and mix with fresh lemon juice.
- To prepare the crumble, in a small mixing bowl, melt the butter. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Layer the strawberries on the bottom of the dish and toss with lemon juice. With your fingers, add the crumble on top of the berries.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes; serve!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks being here today, and if you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy!