Chorizo Potato Skillet Bake
A simple breakfast, enjoy this Chorizo Potato Skillet Bake for the weekend or Sunday brunch! It’s also delicious as a weeknight meal.
Friends, do you like to enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the weekends? Or, devour breakfast for dinner? We love this easy Chorizo Potato Skillet Bake recipe!
You may also love my Baked Eggs and Potatoes Skillet Breakfast recipe from 2012 (yes, I’ve been blogging for a long time) with fresh garden potatoes!
It’s a super pretty dish, too :)
Have you heard this quote before?
“Live like someone just left the gate wide open.”
What does it mean to you?
For me, I want to live this way!
Open gate, run free, experience new things, meet new people, live a big life. Be looking for change, be open for change in our hearts, be looking for more ways to love people!
Usually centered around hospitality!
What is a potato skillet?
Skillet potatoes are also called home fries, but they are crispy on the outside, soft and tender in the middle.
For this recipe, we made the potato bake in our Le Creuset Braiser (skillet), with delicious toppings. If you don’t have a braiser or skillet, you may want to buy one. I use this one (above) almost daily in my kitchen!
Ingredients for a potato bake
All you need are tricolored potatoes, eggs, and pork chorizo! Of course add your favorite seasonings, then top with feta cheese cilantro or green onion, and chopped radishes (so pretty!).
The final topping—guacamole!
See? I said it was pretty! Also delicious!
How to make a potato skillet bake
- Take an oven—proof skillet, toss potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake them until browned and tender.
- While potatoes bake, whisk together the eggs with spices!
- In a separate skillet, cook the chorizo. When potatoes are done, remove form the oven, evenly spread chorizo on top, and pour eggs over the top.
- Cover and return to oven for 10 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until eggs are fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven, then sprinkle cheese, radish, a dollop of guacamole, and herbs on top and serve hot!
More recipes to make in a skillet:
Dark Chocolate Tahini Skillet Breakfast Banana Cake
Skillet Breakfast Hash [BellyFull]
Loaded Baked Potato Breakfast Skillet [Will Cook for Smiles]
Throw open your doors this weekend, Friends!
I don’t mean just “squeeze through the gate,” and do what it takes to get by.
I mean throwing the gate wide open, which means opening your heart to others with love, good food and drink, making room at your table for newness!
Get the Recipe:
Chorizo Potato Skillet Casserole
- 1 pound of small, tricolored potatoes, cut in half or quartered
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound pork chorizo
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Queso fresco or feta
- Cilantro or green onion
- Chopped radish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large oven—proof skillet, toss potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- While potatoes bake, whisk together eggs with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, fully cook chorizo. When potatoes are done, remove form the oven, evenly spread chorizo on top, and pour in the eggs. Cover and return to oven for 10 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until eggs are fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle cheese, radish, a dollop of guacamole, and herbs on top and serve hot!
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Looks good and easy to make