Spiral-cut hams are so gorgeous, and this Coca-Cola Ham is also delicious! Perfect for feeding a small group, this ham is sweet, savory, tender, and all-around amazing. Plus, it has the most amazing sauce you can ladle over the top or serve on the side!
I love serving ham to my friends and family, and nothing is quite so show-stopping as this Coca-Cola Ham. I always get compliments on this dish, and when I tell them it’s made with a can of Coca-Cola, they can hardly believe it!
Spiral hams are delicious, but this one is really fantastic! The smoky ham flavor infuses with the sweet glaze and creates flavor in every bite. And it’s slow-cooked to perfection, and the house smells amazing as it cooks.
Hams are so great for gatherings. There’s a lot of meat on a ham, and because it’s a spiral-cut ham, it’s already carved, so all you need to do is cut the slices off the bone and dig in!
If you have leftover ham, never fear! There’s so much you can do with the leftovers. Be sure to see all my suggestions below!
What is a spiral-cut ham?
Spiral-cut hams are large bone-in hams that are smoked and fully cooked. You can eat the meat right out of the package. But what makes them special is that they are cut with a special meat slicer that cuts thin slices all around the bone. All you need to do to carve the ham is cut the slices off the bone.
Why I love this recipe
- There’s a lot of meat on a spiral ham, so this recipe will feed a crowd.
- This dish pairs so well with so many side dishes.
- Coca-Cola Ham is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner, Christmas, and more!
- You can also serve ham on a Ham Holiday Dinner Board.
Gather these ingredients
The best part about this spiral ham recipe is that there aren’t many ingredients!
- Spiral-cut ham – This recipe was designed for a 10-pound ham but you can use a ham a bit larger or a bit smaller.
- Coca-Cola – 1 can.
- Dark brown sugar
- Dijon mustard
- Cornstarch – This will help to thicken the glaze.
- Red pepper flakes – Optional, but a bit of spice goes well with the sweetness.
How to make the best Coca-Cola Ham
- Preheat your oven to 350-F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, or coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the ham in the pan.
- Mix the dark brown sugar, Dijon mustard, paprika, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Rub the sugar mixture all over the ham, pressing a bit in between the slices.
- Drizzle the cola over the ham slowly so that it seeps in between the slices.
- Cover the ham loosely with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and baste the ham with the pan juices. Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a large platter and serve!
Tips & substitutions
- Wondering how much spiral ham per person? Count on about half a pound per adult (don’t forget there’s bone weight to consider).
- You can use Coca-Cola or your favorite brand of cola in this recipe.
- How long does it take to cook a spiral ham? Give yourself 10 minutes per pound at 350-F degrees.
- Dark brown sugar has more molasses for a richer flavor, but you could use regular brown sugar.
This glazed ham recipe pairs so well with so many different dishes! I love serving it along with Potato-Fennel Gratin, old-fashioned Green Beans with Bacon, and an amazing dessert. Mix and match with your favorite dishes; also great with ham is Bacon-Ranch Pasta Salad.
What to do with leftover ham
Have leftover ham? Here are some of my favorite ways to use leftover ham and keep the bone to make stock for ham soup!
- Leftover spiral ham makes great sandwiches and sliders
- Cutup the ham into chunks and put it on pizza
- Add ham to thick and chunky soups
- Make a dill pickle wrap grilled cheese
- Or just nibble on it!
Store any leftover ham in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. You can freeze leftovers in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to a month.
Check out these awesome ham recipes while you’re here
- Marmalade Glazed Ham
- Crock-Pot Ham
- Ham Charcuterie Board
Get the Recipe:
Coca Cola Ham
- 10 pound spiral cut ham
- 12 ounce can Coca-Cola, or your favorite cola
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet (or roasting pan) with foil, or coat the pan with cooking spray. Place the ham in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dark brown sugar, Dijon mustard, paprika, cornstarch, and red pepper flake (optional).
- Rub brown sugar mixture all over the ham, making sure to get in between the slices.
- Next, pour the cola over the ham. Cover the ham loosely with foil and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the juices in the pan.
- Place back in the (uncovered) and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
- Cover and bake for 90 minutes
- Remove from oven and baste with juices in the pan
- Place back in the oven uncovered for another 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite side dishes!