Chicken Curry Lentil Soup
Enjoy a bowl of Chicken Curry Lentil Soup, a crock pot lentil soup made with chicken, lentils, leeks, and fresh peas.
‘Tis the season for crockpot soup! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to recipes that anyone can make, an easy curry chicken soup made with lentils!
Chicken Curry Lentil Soup
We enjoyed this Moroccan Chicken Lentil Soup recipe and also made a loaf of homemade herbed Dutch Oven Bread!
This lentil soup is a hearty bowl of love and comfort :) For springtime, you may want to add ham, like in this Ham Lentil Soup! Oh, and if you love lentils, then try this Lentil-Grape Mint Walnut Salad Recipe!
Ingredients for crock pot lentil soup
- Leeks + garlic
- Mirepoix (mixture of chopped onion, carrot, celery, from Trader Joe’s)
- Chicken broth
- Green lentils (I buy precooked at Trader Joe’s)
- Diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt + black pepper
- Curry powder + ginger + cayenne pepper
- Shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie is easy!)
- Cooked peas
- Fresh dill, cilantro, or parsley
How to Make Chicken Curry Crock Pot Lentil Soup
These easy ingredients go right in the crock pot. And if you can’t find leeks in the grocery store, you can replace them with shallots.
Another tip? Leave out the chicken and make the soup vegetarian!
- Place all of the ingredients (except chicken and fresh herbs) in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook!
- At the end, stir in the chicken (optional), cooked peas, and fresh herbs.
- Top each bowl with fresh herbs and serve!
Making a big bowl of comfort soup always makes my mom-heart happy. Even though my kids are gone now, a bowl of soup just feels nourishing!
I don’t know what it is about tossing a bunch of healthy ingredients into a big pot, and then a few hours later, you have this wonderful masterpiece. :)
Tips and substitutions:
Did you know that you don’t have to saute leeks first before you cook them?
Slice, dice, and chop eveything, add the seasoning, and throw on the lid.
BAM. A scrumptious bowl of Slow Cooker Lentil Soup for dinner tonight!
Just like mom, grandma and auntie used to make.
More lentil recipes:
Cauliflower Lentil Sloppy Joe’s [Two Peas and Their Pod]
Get the Recipe:
Chicken Curry Crock Pot Lentil Soup
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 14 oz container Mirepoix, chopped onion, carrot, celery, from Trader Joe’s
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 16 oz. package green lentils
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, optional (I use Rotisserie)
- 1-2 cups cooked peas, drained
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill, cilantro, or parsley
- In a slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients (except chicken and fresh herbs).
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3 hours, or on low heat 4-5 hours.
- Stir in the chicken (optional), cooked peas, and fresh herbs. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Top each bowl with fresh herbs; serve!
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...