Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
Enjoy a loaf of Gluten Free Banana Bread, a moist and tasty recipe, made with avocado and large chunks of chocolate chips. Also try this most popular recipe on my blog, Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe, with plenty reviews!
Friends, I came across this saying and loved it:
A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe. – Thomas Keller
Banana bread to me has soul, which is why I’m sharing this Gluten Free Banana Bread.
Gluten Free Banana Bread
You put a lot of baking time into baking bread, resulting in the moistest treat ever!
And a whole lot of love :)
Banana bread is a cozy pleasure in life.
It drips with soul, because it’s so comforting.
It’s even better when you share a loaf with a neighbor or friend!
Another cozy pleasure for me is spending time with a friend. Recently a friend texted me to see if we could chat. Now this is a person who I’ve talked to several times in life, and we’ve felt a strong connection from the beginning.
She felt like she shouldn’t reach out, that it would be silly, and I wouldn’t have time for her. But she did it anyway.
She said, “we get bogged down by how we think others will think of us.” We then talked about the importance of mentors.
I couldn’t agree more, as I’ve had some wonderful mentors in my life. They are trusted relationships, where you invest in another person, with social and spiritual values in mind. Mentors help you to see things in yourself that I maybe you can’t recognize, or they can validate and talk through goals and life situations. Insight is a must.
SO though my friend and I chatted on the phone, while I was out on the golf course chucking the ball to Alder, we had a solid hour to dig into our new friendship.
A week ago, neither of us had an idea this would be happening. But sometimes you have to “listen” and then move quickly, even when you doubt yourself.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
This Gluten Free Avocado Banana Bread is something I would make my new friend.
I would ask her over, pour her a cup of tea, and cut a slice of this hot bread, just out of the oven.
Doesn’t it sound heavenly?
Actually, sometimes I”m so busy myself, that more realistically I’d pull a loaf from the freezer, let it defrost, and serve a microwaved slice with butter on top! YUM.
We are truly a busy society, Friends, but NEVER too busy for intimate moments, coffee dates, mentoring, and a good old-fashioned phone call.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 1/2 c avocado mashed 1 large avocado
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe banana
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c vegan chocolate chips plus some for top
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 c nut milk
- 2 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash avocado and bananas in large bowl. Add in milk, avocado oil, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until fully mixed.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix ingredients together completely.
- Create small crater in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix together until smooth. The texture should be moist and slightly dense. Add in chocolate chips, and stir until smooth once more.
- Grease a loaf pan with avocado oil, about 2 Tbsp, making sure all sides are coated.
- Pour batter into pan, and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Place in oven for about 1 hour, adding 5-10 minutes if needed.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan. Crack fresh salt on top and serve warm!