How to Make Peach Cobbler with Raspberries
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer gets better when you learn how to make peach cobbler with raspberries for dessert or for dinner guests, served with ice cream on top!
When I was little, my mother taught us girls how to preserve the bounty of late summer and fall by canning and freezing. She was a farm girl who grew up working the orchards, later working at Harry & David, picking their Oregold® Peaches. What I love is that she was a girl who was taught the traditional ways of providing the best and freshest food for her family, later teaching my sisters and me the art of canning, and more importantly, how to make peach cobbler.
Our home was nestled at the end of a dirt road next to an irrigation ditch, with a view of the beautiful Table Rocks, with a creek running down the side of our property.
Every summer you’d find my sisters and me out picking berries, large buckets of berries, and after many made their ways to our mouths, the rest were washed, canned, frozen, and put into cobblers and berry pie.
Our favorite: Cobbler served with homemade ice cream.
There was nothing like it.
Any cobbler is a favorite for me. There’s something about the crust, or the dough, with the sweet fruit.
And then the company that goes with it.
Which really makes dessert taste even better.
I recently made this cobbler for my sweet roommates when they came up for a weekend to visit our family in Oregon. (Here we are in the 80s in SF.)
We served an alfresco meal (now 25 years later) under the hot southern Oregon summer skies.
Served barbecued salmon with other side dishes, and crunchy bread.
Ending with peach and raspberry cobbler.
My mom’s simple cobbler recipe, that is pasted inside my kitchen cupboard for easy access. :)
Enjoy, my friends, and I’d love to remind you of the blessings of past friends and how important it is to keep those friendships alive!
They are sweet, like cobbler!
What’s your favorite fruit to add to a cobbler?
How to Make Peach Cobbler
- 6 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 9×13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Lightly salt, if desired. Add the fresh raspberries. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- The batter will rise to the top during baking and will look like a cake/cobbler.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.