Strawberry Cream Shortbread Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links.
This white-chocolatey Strawberry Cream Shortbread Dessert is the perfect springtime or holiday dessert to serve a large crowd. It can feed up to 20 guests.
Friends, you’ll love this dessert day … perfect for Valentine’s Day, spring, summer … ENJOY!
When I was a little girl, I knew when spring was near, because my mom always brought pussy willows into the house for springtime decor! They come from a bush with little furry things that looked like soft, fluffy kittens, eventually forming into little yellow flowers.
Pussy Willow Love.
Since my kitchen always feels better with a touch of life, I bought some pussy willows (at Costco) and placed them in a tall vase, for a recent dinner party!
I’m thinking about letting the roots grow and planting them in our yard—we shall see. I know that pussy willow bushes can grow up to 30 feet tall and I have a place spotted in our yard for them.
Easy dinner party dessert.
In the meantime, getting ready for my girlfriends to come to dinner, I had my menu planned, dessert made (yummy recipe below), but I had to tackle the kitchen. Tackle, meaning it was a little out of control.
Is my kitchen always clean? No way, but hosting a dinner party makes me get in there and clean in all the nooks and crannies. I’ve come to the understanding that kitchens are to be lived in, and unless everybody is going to stay on top of the dishes, etc., it’s simply not always going to be neat and clean.
Strawberry Cream Shortbread Dessert.
Before I started my “quick clean kitchen” steps, I first wanted to get my dessert started for the evening. The shortbread crust only takes about ten minutes to make–press it right into the pan–and then pop into the oven.
Let it cool (while began the cleaning process).
After cooling, make a white-chocolatey cream to spread on the cooled shortcake. Wash the berries and pull out the egg slicer (the quickest way to slice strawberries)!
Before I finished the dishes, I whipped the cream (set back in the fridge), and made the glaze to pour over the strawberries.
A delicious Strawberry Cream Shortbread Dessert, served with whipped cream!
So here are my simple tips on “pulling the kitchen together” quickly …
10 Quick Cleaning Kitchen TIPS:
1. Start with an empty dishwasher – Empty, put away, and load.
2. Dirty dishes – Start with an empty dishwasher! Gather all dirty dishes from around the house and bring them to the kitchen. Quickly rinse and load – START – even if not completely full. It’s best to start your entertaining with an empty dishwasher.
3. Trash – Keep your trash can out. Pick up the trash off the counters, keep it accessible until the kitchen is clean; tie and toss.
4. Refrigerator – Set everything in one place that goes in the fridge, then simple put it all away in one swoop!
5. Pantry – Gather everything that belongs in the pantry and put it away; make one trip.
6. Stove – Grab the grills off the stove and place in the dishwasher. Completely wash the stove and make it shiny clean.
7. Sweep & Swiffer the floor – This may take the longest to do, but it simply makes you feel better when the floor is swept and clean, and it smells good.
8. Wash and dry the counters – Wipe down the stove, microwave, and any other appliance that’s dirty with one hand, and use another rag to dry with the other hand.
9. Flowers – I usually place something fresh and pretty on the counter. A live plant, flowers, branches – whatever goes with the season!
10. Candle — Light a candle. A candle lit on the countertop gives a warm, inviting ambiance to the room.
Oh, and for my quick cleaning, here are my two favorite cleaning products.
2 Quick Cleaning Products:
If I had to choose only two products for cleaning, I use Windex for windows, counters, cupboards. For the floor, I take several Swiffer pads and place in the microwave to get them hot. Then on my hands and knees I wipe down our wood floors. QUICK fix.
One more thing, in getting ready for company, is to make sure one bathroom is clean. Once a year I spend a few dollars and buy new bathroom hand towels.
Fresh and bright.
My house wasn’t perfect, but I felt I gave it my best shot, making it sparkly clean and organized for company!
Do you have an organized way of prepping your kitchen for guests?
Strawberry Cream Shortbread Dessert
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 10 oz package white chips
- ¼ cup cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- Heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla (optional for whipped cream)
- For the crust: Mix the first (3) ingredients well and press onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- For the filling (next 3 ingredients): Melt the chips (I use the microwave on LO); add in the cream; mix well. Stir in the cream cheese and blend until smooth (I use a hand mixer). Spread on the cooled crust.
- Slice strawberries (I use an egg slicer).
- Arrange sliced strawberries on the creamy layer.
- For the glaze: Combine the last (4) ingredients. Cook until thickened on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cool slightly and pour over the strawberries. Chill.
- Serve with whipped cream (optional): Whip 2 cups heavy cream, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Dessert should be served within 24 hours or the crust gets soft.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.