Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw Recipe
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw is a cool and crisp side dish perfect for hot weather! It takes 15 minutes to make, the perfect addition to your summer barbecue.
Friends, remember when you are hosting, that not everything needs to be made from scratch. Take shortcuts when you need to.
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw
But for today’s post, this Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw, I’ve yet to find it store-bought, and taste so good.
I’m just not sure about shortcuts with slaw. I’d love to hear what you think …
Summer Slaw Recipe
This lovely, fresh, summer slaw is made with cucumber, mango, cabbage (of course), bell peppers, and of course jalapeños. Don’t forget the fresh herbs!
Serve with your favorite sliders or burgers (a delicious recipe is coming your way!)
Also, here’s another favorite Orange Cranberry Summer Slaw Salad that we love to serve for company!
Keep in mind that when people come to your house, they want to spend time with you. That’s why I delegate, take short cuts when needed, and plan ahead, so I can be “present” when guests are here.
That doesn’t mean I’m not doing last-minute things. Hosting is never perfect, and timing always gets off, at least for me.
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?” ― Michael Pollan
This quote sums up hosting … it’s never a waste of time. Never. Something always fantastic comes from it, whether the words spoken, stories shared, recipe inspired, or even physical touch.
We love to hug our guests when they walk through the door!
How to make a summer slaw
It’s easy. In a small bowl, add the sesame oil, seeds, rice vinegar, sugar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), fish sauce, lime, and salt. Whisk together until blended.
Toss the dressing in a large bowl with vegetables, mango, and herbs.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Recipes to serve with a mango slaw
Serve slaw on burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salads, sliders, or as a side dish!
Grilled Barbecue Bison Burger [Aggie’s Kitchen]
Instant Pot Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps [FoodieCrush]
Hosting has taught me patience. Some things you can’t hurry through. Like making this amazing slaw!
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw
- 1/2 large cucumber split lengthwise, seeded, and julienned
- 1 ripe mango peeled and julienned
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 baby bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper seeded and julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and julienned
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mint or cilantro or both
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds black, white or both
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Whisk together sesame oil, seeds, rice vinegar, sugar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), fish sauce, lime, and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Toss the dressing in a large bowl with vegetables, mango, and herbs.
- Serve slaw on burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salads, sliders, or as a side dish!