Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw – Video!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw recipe is a cool, crisp side dish–perfect for hot weather! It takes 15 minutes to make for your summer barbecue. Watch the video!
Friends, remember when you are hosting, that not everything needs to be made from scratch. Take shortcuts when you need to.
But for today’s post, this Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw, I’ve yet to find it store-bought, and taste so good.
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw
I’m just not sure about shortcuts with slaw. I’d love to hear what you think … And also, I want to tell you about my new book out this year, Big Boards for Families! You can preorder it now!
Summer Slaw Ingredients
This lovely, fresh, summer slaw is made with cucumber, mango, cabbage (of course), bell peppers, and of course jalapeños. Don’t forget the fresh herbs!
All you need are these ingredients:
- Shredded cabbage
- Baby bell peppers
- Jalapeño pepper
- Mint or cilantro, or both
- Kosher salt
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar
- Lime juice
- Honey or granulated sugar
- Sesame seeds, black, white or both
- Coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- Fish sauce
What are the different types of coleslaw?
Serve with your favorite sliders or burgers (a delicious recipe is coming your way!)
Also, here’s another favorite Orange Cranberry Summer Slaw Salad that we love to serve for company!
When people come to your house for dinner, they want to spend time with you! That’s why I delegate, take short cuts when needed, and plan ahead, so I can be “present” when guests are here. This salad is easy to make ahead!
This quote sums up hosting … it’s never a waste of time. Never.
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?” ― Michael Pollan
Something always fantastic comes from having people over, whether the words spoken, stories shared, recipe inspired, or even physical touch.
That doesn’t mean I’m not doing last-minute things. Hosting is never perfect, and timing always gets off, at least for me.
We love to hug our guests when they walk through the door! You, too?
How to make a summer slaw
In a small bowl, add the sesame oil, seeds, rice vinegar, sugar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), fish sauce, lime, and salt. Whisk together until blended.
Toss the dressing in a large bowl with vegetables, mango, and herbs.
It only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Recipes to serve with a mango slaw
Serve slaw on burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salads, sliders, or as a side dish!
Grilled Barbecue Bison Burger [Aggie’s Kitchen]
Mango Cucumber Summer Slaw
- ½ large cucumber, split lengthwise, seeded, and julienned
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 baby bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and julienned
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped mint or cilantro, or both
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ Tbsp honey or granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, black, white or both
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- Whisk together sesame oil, seeds, rice vinegar, sugar, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), fish sauce, lime, and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Toss the dressing in a large bowl with vegetables, mango, and herbs.
- Serve slaw on burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salads, sliders, or as a side dish!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.