Fresh Mint Lemon Hummus Recipe
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mint Lemon Hummus Recipe is refreshing, and it’s so easy to make your own hummus with garbanzo beans. Delicious served with crunchy vegetables and a few crisp crackers!
“Early summer days are a jubilee time for birds. In the fields, around the house, in the barn, in the woods, in the swamp — everywhere love and songs and nests and eggs,” said E.B. White.
Yes, I’ve been getting up at 5 am these past 2 weeks. I love summer, and the birds are here to remind me to not waste a minute of the day!
Mint Lemon Hummus Recipe
Just in time for summer, this Fresh Mint Lemon Hummus Recipe, so delightful served on a charcuterie platter, or with a side of crunchy veggies. If you want to venture into making crostini, this Peach Ricotta Crostini is another favorite!
The perfect snack, or a lovely appetizer for guests.
Best hummus recipe
For summer, add in lemon and mint … so fresh and good.
With this Mint and Lemon Hummus recipe, serve with a side of veggies, or you can even take a potato peeler and peel zucchini and cucumber slices to roll up with hummus inside. This is a great party idea (photos coming soon).
We had our first heat wave over the weekend. It’s easy to want to hunker down inside near the air conditioner, but guess what? We don’t have an A/C! That’s right! Here in central Oregon, it’s the high desert so the nights really cool off. Even thought it’s 90 degrees during the day, we’ve learned to always bring a sweater or to pack layers if we’re heading out. Or, on our back patio, just move in closer to one another around our little fire :)
In the meantime, not only am I listening to the early-morning birds, but also watching squirrels chase up and down the trees in the late afternoon … everywhere, love and songs, nests and eggs.
Thank you E.B. for the wonderful reminder of summer.
Mint Lemon Hummus Recipe
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces, toasted
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced and zested, plus zest to garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic, lightly browned in 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Additional 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- In small pan, heat 3 Tbsp olive oil on medium-low heat. When hot, add garlic and stir until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In food processor, combine all ingredients—toasted cashews, browned garlic, mint, salt, lemon, tahini, olive oil, and pepper—and pulse until smooth.
- Serve with crackers and veggies!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.