4 Easy Appetizer TIPS with Puff Pastry Beet and Feta Cups
Springtime Entertaining for me involves easy recipes, because we often find ourselves working in the yard this time of year — in the flower or garden beds. Today I’m sharing my new Puff Pastry Beet and Feta Cups recipe with you and announcing WHO the lucky winner is, coming with me to Connecticut to the Pepperidge Farms headquarters next month.
Since spring has been in the air, it seems I’ve been spending less time in the kitchen, so I often need a quick go-to recipe for an easy springy, tasty appetizer. I say tasty, because this time of year our herb trough is bursting with chives.
4 easy appetizer TIPS:
1. Keep Puff Pastry Cups on hand in the freezer for last-minute appetizers or desserts. All you need is to pull them out of the freezer, break apart, and bake for 20 minutes. It’s that easy!
2. Keep store-bought items on hand, such as roasted beets and feta cheese, for spur-of-the moment appetizers.
3. Grow herbs in pots or keep on your kitchen counter for making the appetizers fresh and flavorful.
4. Use pretty platters for a great presentation of your dishes.
Like I said, the little cups take 20 minutes to bake, and you take the handle of a kitchen tool and gently tap down the center when they are warm out of the oven.
I love this combination, and I added an extra bit of flavor to it: ORANGE.
It’s time to announce my “grand prize” winner, who will visit the PF Innovation Center in Norwalk, CT with me in May.
Tah-dah …. it’s Rebecca from Foodie with Family!
I love this lady, and was thrilled when she was chosen as the winner. Rebecca and I go back a few years .. she actually came to my home for dinner with this group of bloggers. And then we were blessed to be able to travel and spend a weekend with our friend, Ree, The Pioneer Woman, on her ranch in Oklahoma! That was a BIG deal – and a blast! Rebecca gives cooking classes that includes home cheesemaking, bread baking, meal planning, food preservation, decadent desserts and fast family meals. She’s one talented lady! Congratulations, Rebecca! I can’t wait to see you in May!
I’d like to invite YOU to share your own original Puff Pastry recipes and/or twists on existing dishes via the PuffPastry.com or Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Facebook page, and/or by tagging the brand in any Instagram photos.
Enjoy this recipe today – it’s going to be “beet” season in our garden before we know it, and I can hardly wait.
These little bites will WOW your guests – trust me!
What veggies would you add to these little cups to make a tasty appetizer?
Get the Recipe:
Puff Pastry Beet and Feta Cups
- 1 pkg 9.5 ounces Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Cups, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup roasted beets, diced (I buy pre-roasted baby beets in the deli section)
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tsp. orange zest, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, finely chopped
- Prepare the cups according to the package directions, baking for 20 minutes.
- Dice roasted beets and mix in a bowl with feta cheese, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon beet mixture into each pastry shell.
- Top each cup with finely chopped chives.
- Serve on a serving platter.
I have a working relationship with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry and am part of their “Puff Is the Spark” Panel.