Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake + Final Details for Thanksgiving
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake is a sweet, pumpkin dessert to serve for the holidays!
I think one thing that prevents us from practicing hospitality is thinking that our homes have to look perfect before anyone can stop by. With Thanksgiving here this week, it’s too late to think about perfect, and time to embrace the love and community around your table!
Most likely no one will even notice the trouble spots. HA! I call them trouble spots because they cause my mind a lot of trouble. Sometimes I get frustrated when I don’t accomplish everything on my mental list, and then I worry about the silly things. They cause me trouble! I’ve really had to learn to just move on and ENJOY the day!
We’re going to have a packed house, but we’re hosting anyway! Our homes don’t have to be big, or perfect. I’m so relieved about that. For me though, I do need to have my “game on” and be organized, especially in such tight quarters.
For sure our homes will be filled with delicious smells of turkey, spices, bread in the oven, and for us … I’m thinking a lot of music. I’m pretty sure my 2 kids in college are bringing home their instruments, and we have a piano, and … well, I know what will happen. Sweet music to this mama’s ears!
I wrote a post sharing Thanksgiving tips a few years ago … Do we dread or love the day? How do we know when the turkey is done? And do we over-do on the menu?
Here are a few table ideas using bittersweet branches on the table.
Tapered candles always add the perfect Thanksgiving glow.
After dinner is served, does everyone hang around the table for dessert, or do you take a break from the “feast,” and serve dessert later?
Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake.
If you’re looking for a scrumptious dessert that everyone will love, both kids and adults alike, this one is it! Years ago, I made it when I sold Pampered Chef (back in 1997), and it’s fun to serve warmed up with ice cream, or whipped cream (with maple syrup and cinnamon).
I’m pretty sure you could even freeze it, too.
More awesome ideas.
If you’re looking for a last minute tablecloth idea, for kids and adults to have a little fun, check out this gratitude tablecloth.
I also love this post about a family tablecloth for the holidays.
If you want some family conversation games to play around the table, I shared a post at the Harry & David blog. The Penny Game is one of our favorites!
Leigh Anne picked up a roll of brown kraft paper at the Dollar Store.
Here’s a print-out that I may be using. The hostess fills it out about each guest. I love this idea!
Don’t forget to use dried leaves for place cards! And this message.
If you’re serving ham, here are 2 amazing glaze recipes!
Are you ready for Thanksgiving?
Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Filling: 1/2 package, 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Batter: 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a rectangular baking pan with cooking oil.
- For filling, whisk cream cheese, sugar and egg with whisk in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- For batter, combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil in a larger bowl; mix well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with knife several times for marbled effect. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels, if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick in center comes out clean. Cool; cut into squares. Serve plain, or with ice cream or whipped cream.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks being here today, and if you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.