Pumpkin Empanada Snack Board
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A snack board for fall and Halloween–a Pumpkin Empanada Snack Board–with baked pumpkin turnovers, served with dips, veggies, and fruit.
This week has been busy. I’m working on a project I can’t wait to share with you soon, but in the meantime, we enjoyed a little board this last week, a Pumpkin Empanada Snack Board.
Since there’s so much to buy at Trader Joe’s that has pumpkin flavor, we just had to try the empanadas. This is a fun snack, light lunch, or appetizer idea.
I would serve these separate for dinner, maybe with my Pumpkin Taco Board – perfect for a Tuesday! YUM!
What are empanadas?
Empanadas are a type of baked or fried turnover consisting of pastry and filling. These are made with pumpkin! They are common in Southern European, Indonesian, Latin American, and the Philippines cultures. The name is Spanish and means “enbreaded”–or coated in bread.
Ingredients for this board
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Empanadas
- Pumpkin butter (Trader Joe’s)
- LaTerra Fina Cranberry & Jalapeno Dip (I buy this at Costco)
- Carrot sticks (multi colored)
- Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps
- Rosemary crackers
- Pretzel twists
Snacking and dipping
It’s a fun snack, for a dipping board. You can spread the pumpkin butter (sweet) or the cranberry dip (sweet and spicy) on top of the empanada, or eat them plain. Oh, and I really do want to try these pockets of joy …beef empanadas!
And just dunk the veggies in the dips!
Even in the midst of “busy”, I’m doing the things that matter.
- Eating with friends.
- Trying new recipes.
- Coming up with fun, new boards. [Have you checked out my boards that you can buy now, HERE]
- Reading in the morning.
- Exercising, whether outside walking or inside riding the bike.
- And savoring a good piece of art.
Oh, yes, art ….
Here are my favorite places to look on Instagram, so I thought I’d share them with you:
- I love Carole Gremillion’s work. On Instagram she is @artlover17233 is is from Oregon!
- Have you seen the beautiful Hannah Winter’s Art? On Instagram she is @hannahwintersart
- Also love my friend Melanie Dorsey’s work. She is @coastalcolorart on Insta.
Okay, what are your favorite art accounts?
We all need to do what is good for our souls–cooking, creating, and being together are things that are good for mine!
Happy Tuesday, Friends!
Don’t forget to get one of my BIG BOARDS before they sell out. Visit The Big Board page!
Pumpkin Empanada Snack Board
- 2 packages Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Empanadas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/2 cup LaTerra Fina Cranberry & Jalapeno Dip
- 15 carrot sticks, multi colored
- 1 package Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps
- 1 package rosemary crackers
- 1 cup pretzel twists
- 1 cup broccoli
- Cook the empanadas according to package directions, timing them to be done right before serving (to serve them hot).
- On the board, place a hot pad and a plate (that will hold the cooked empanadas). While cooking, arrange the rest of the food on the board.
- Place the 2 dips in small bowls.
- When the empanadas are done, place them on the empty plate on the board and serve! ENJOY!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.