Roasted Maple Bourbon Nuts
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make your own Roasted Maple Bourbon Nuts, with almonds, cashews, maple syrup and bourbon. A heavenly snack, and tasty chopped on salads!
Friends, for Game Day, have you thought about roasting your own combination of mixed nuts? We love this Roasted Maple Bourbon Nuts recipe, to serve as a quick nosh (just leave a bowl on the counter, and they will be gone).
Or, add to a charcuterie board for Game Day! As you can see, I’ve updated my site. Hopefully much easier to “search” and find recipes! [Send me any private messages or suggestions!]
A cozy mood
Their aroma alone sets a cozy mood—when they bake, the oven emits warm wafts of cinnamon, maple, and rosemary so fragrant, you can taste it while it’s still in the oven.
All you need for this recipe are almonds and cashews for the nuts!
Roasted Nuts Recipe
All you need besides the nuts:
- Maple syrup and vanilla
- Cinnamon, flake salt, cayenne pepper
- Fresh rosemary
The secret ingredient: brandy or bourbon.
This is what I love about moving into a home that has a bigger dining space. We can invite more people in!
I’ve yet to determine how we will serve food for large gatherings. I’m giving up my big center island that we had in our last house. :)
But once we get the kitchen done, I know it will all come together. I’ll be posting pictures soon, or you can follow me on my Instagram stories for a lot of videos and random going-ons in our home!
For now, here are a few thoughts on sharing food with others.
- Think about your home and how you can use it to invite others in. Whether for holidays or fun “food days”, like Game Days!
- What food gift can you bring to others? Even to pop in to say hi (hey, I brought you a little something), or as a hostess gift. Watch for opportunities to give to others!
- Be open to inviting people in to grow your circle of friends and to expand your community! Who do you want to get to know more? Invest in an invitation and move forward to connection.
Friends, I always say that entertaining is an investment.
Not only of your time, but it takes money, and it also takes work, to invest in people. You have to be willing to listen, open up about your own life, and then maybe even invite them over again?
For Game Day, ask your guests to all bring a dish. Set out an The Big Board, and let the party begin!
Roasted Maple and Bourbon Nuts
- 1/2 lb raw almonds
- 1/2 lb raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 tsp flake salt
- 3 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp brandy or bourbon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vanilla, cinnamon, bourbon, and maple syrup until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine nuts and olive oil mixture; stir thoroughly to coat the nuts. Spread onto a large, rimmed baking sheet, then evenly sprinkle the flake salt over the top. Bake for 10 minutes; move the nuts around on the baking sheet.
- Remove nuts from oven, then evenly sprinkle the rosemary over the top and return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes—the rosemary will become fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.