This post may contain affiliate links.
Hi, friends. I’m thinking ahead to a FUN Cinco de Mayo Supper Party, where the table is set with vibrant Mexican colors of red, yellow, orange, and green, using repurposed cans for flower vases, and the “star” of the party is my Rockfish Enchiladas! Today I’m using Cholula Hot Sauce in this delicious recipe, and I’m super excited to show you all the amazing flavors they now carry!
Cholula hot sauce.
Cholula Hot Sauce Original is all about Flavor, Fire and Fun–which was perfect for the supper I was serving. The original flavor has a delicious blend of piquin peppers, chile arbol and signature spices that enhance food flavors without overpowering them.
Add it to the recipe. Or serve it on the side, letting guests fire up their own servings.
My friend, Ree, recently told me “Cholula is nectar of the fire gods.” :) Amen!
I’ll be sharing more recipes here on RE, and can’t wait to try some of these new, amazing flavors!
In the meantime, are you set for Cinco de Mayo? What are your plans? Do you need some tips? A Cinco De Mayo Party (Spanish for the “fifth” of May) is a fun way to bring people together, celebrating Mexican heritage and pride, with an inexpensive meal and fun party atmosphere that includes vibrant colors and lively music!
Most people love Mexican food, using the same ingredients for tacos, enchiladas, taco salad, burritos, and tostados, simply served 5 different ways! I say make it a “potluck supper party” where everyone brings a dish!
This time I changed up the ingredients a bit and used Rockfish! Bake the fish until nice and flakey, then add the other ingredients, stuffing and rolling the tortillas, ending with delicious cheese melted on top! It’s really that easy!
Cinco de Mayo.
In every Cinco de Mayo celebration you’ll find the same sombreros, pinatas, drinks, food, and, of course, fiesta music playing in the background. But here’s a fun tip: If you’re serving margaritas, send guests home with the margarita glass that they’ll be using for the night, for a festive party favor!
What’s your favorite way to cook with fish for a Mexican Supper Party?
- 12 ounces shredded cooked rockfish, with lemon and fresh cilantro
- 12 oz. red or green enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can Bush’s Black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Cholula Hot Sauce, or more to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime slices
- 2 to matoes
- Guacamole or avacado, optional
- Cooking time will vary with thickness of filets. Fish should flake easily. Adjust to preferred flavor with Cholula Hot Sauce. Double the recipe to serve a large group!
- Preparing the rockfish: Place filets in foil packet; drizzle with fresh lemon juice and lightly salt and pepper. Chop and cover filets with freshly chopped cilantro. Seal the foil packet tightly-cook 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, place in a large bowl and flake with a fork. Add the drained beans and green onions. Gently mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, cumin, and hot sauce. Gently mix together to create a creamy texture.
- Lightly steam the corn tortillas in the microwave oven until soft.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish lightly with oil. Drizzle enchilada sauce to cover the bottom. Placce tortillas on a plate and spread the sour cream mixture down first, then layer the fish/bean filling mixture. Place seam side down in baking dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of the rolled enchiladas, topping with the rest of the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove cover, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, and tomatoes or guacamole (or avocado) before serving. Serve with lime slices and a bottle of Cholula Hot Sauce!
I was paid to create this recipe and write this post from the fine people at Cholula Hot Sauce.
Looking for other Mexican Supper Party ideas?
My friend, Robyn, has 40+ Quick Fix Mexican Recipes on Add a Pinch today!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.