Holiday Hustle and Sweet Garbanzo Bean Flourless Cake
This Sweet Garbanzo Bean Flourless Cake is the perfect party cake for the holidays, and is also gluten-free.
It seems that it’s a whirlwind out there, what I like to call the holiday hustle. I don’t do it very well, so when I decide to head out to shop and run errands, I make a list and I stick with it, so I can quickly get back home to my nesting place.
I love our home, and inviting people in for the holidays.
Our tree is up, and Haggis (our Cairn Terrier) is ready! I bought him a new Rudolph sweater, which he’s not too crazy about, but is tolerating well. (I bought this for $7.97 at WalMart.)
I also have 5 Easy Entertaining Tips that help me stay focused and on task, and avoid the “holiday hustle,” to help me not become a stressed out hostess.
5 Entertaining Tips:
1. Plan the menu. How many are coming? You make the main course, and let the guests bring the rest. Delegation is key for easy entertaining, and guests love to contribute!
2. Shop early. Don’t save shopping for the day of the party. Make lists, and make sure your groceries are stocked a couple days in advance, if possible, so you can pace yourself with cooking and actually enjoy the process!
3. Decorate early. Set the table or buffet the day before, because not only can you enjoy the beauty then, it actually gives inspiration to the host. (One thing done on the list, check! And oh, so pretty.)
4. Test recipes. Test any new recipes in advance to avoid blunders on the big day, or simply make your tried-and-true favorite recipes, you know … the ones that you can make in your sleep.
5. Details thought out. Think out the details, such as are you serving a holiday drink, or just wine and beer? Do you have your playlist ready? What is the time frame of the meal – Casual? Dinner at 6? Stop in whenever you can? Make sure your guests know all the details, to make your party a success!
Sweet Garbanzo Bean Flourless Cake.
I recently made this flourless cake and it was SO yummy! And pretty for company!
I never worry about desserts looking good, because most of the time they can’t help but look good. But it’s fun to spice up holiday desserts with a few sparkles, like little red pomegranate seeds!
If you’re entertaining a gluten-free crowd, this just may be your go-to recipe this holiday season!
How do you manage the holiday hustle?
Sweet Garbanzo Bean Flourless Cake
- 2 16 ounce cans BUSH’S® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, melted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium baking pan (9″ round). Line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Grease once again over the wax paper; dust with all- purpose flour.
- Place beans and cinnamon stick in large saucepan. Cover beans with fresh water; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain beans; place in large bowl, mash until smooth.
- Combine milk, orange juice, orange zest, eggs, and butter in a blender. Process until smooth. Stir processed egg mixture and raisins into mashed garbanzo beans.
- Sift the cornstarch and baking powder over garbanzo bean mixture. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before inverting onto serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining orange zest, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
I’m over at KitchenAid blog today with a delicous holiday recipe, Spiced Red Beet Sangria! It’s so easy to make, delicous to serve in a punch bowl, set out the glasses, add fruit and–Bam! You have a delicious party drink! Head on over to learn more about the KitchenAid® Juicer and Sauce Attachment. ==> HERE.